• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Scrape on bottom of foot

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It appears as though Opie has lightly scraped the bottom of his foot. There has been no blood, and he doesn’t seem to be favoring the foot at all. Is this something I should just keep an eye on, or should I try to put something on it? I’m thinking of a tiny spray bottle when he holds onto the side of the cage as shown here or a qtip through the bars—if needed.

270E40B8-F14B-440B-8432-C95196368E3F.jpeg

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I finally managed to get a better picture of his foot. It literally looks like a bit of a scrape. What I think he’s doing is holding a small plastic ball with his foot while playing with/chewing on the leather string. I’ll remove the toy tomorrow (he’s playing with it as I type this) and send the photo to his vet on Monday.
D91E0458-1719-40CB-A4A4-1D96A2BAA42C.jpeg

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Looks like a scrape. I imagine the side edges of the plastic ball may be on the thin sharp side & it could have happened when he was grabbing it. (If its one of those balls with cutouts)

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, it is. He likes this toy, so I'm going to have to perform a little surgery on it tomorrow!