• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Scrambled eggs

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
"Pepperberg. Sadly, Alex passed away on September 6, 2007 at the age of 31 of a sudden, unexpected catastrophic event associated with arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). It was either a fatal arrhythmia, heart attack, or stroke, which caused him to die suddenly with no suffering. "

Unfortunately, Alex was given many treats - peanuts, walnuts and various other fatty/sugary things to facilitate his training and to assuage his overpowering personality consistently over a period of 30 years. Alex had also had a severe case of aspergillosis which damaged his breathing.
As important as the research was, I still think that Alex's story was sad in so many ways. Will definitely do reading, thank you for all your advice, you have been very informative.

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
I kind of spoke for both of us @Greymommy , Hankmacaw has been very helpful recently.
:smileflower:
How's your bird doing today?

Greymommy

Moving in
Thank you everyone for your wonderful support. Update on my fluff ball- after the big next morning poop, he was back to normal and munching away on his goodies I think the egg was too much for that baby tummy! Scared me good for sure, phew!!

Greymommy

Moving in
"Pepperberg. Sadly, Alex passed away on September 6, 2007 at the age of 31 of a sudden, unexpected catastrophic event associated with arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). It was either a fatal arrhythmia, heart attack, or stroke, which caused him to die suddenly with no suffering. "

Unfortunately, Alex was given many treats - peanuts, walnuts and various other fatty/sugary things to facilitate his training and to assuage his overpowering personality consistently over a period of 30 years. Alex had also had a severe case of aspergillosis which damaged his breathing.
Thank you for sharing this! It surely is a real life guide for us Grey parents. Rest In Peace little Alex