• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Scotland: Loving Green Cheek Conure Looking For a New Home

annasbn

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Anna
We’re looking to rehome our green cheek conure, Basil. We’re based in Glasgow, Scotland and due to some unexpected changes in our lives we came to make this heartbreaking decision.

He (or she, as we’re not sure on the gender) is around 3,5 years old and generally a well behaved little green acorn. He’s never had his wings clipped and always loves to fly around the house, and to land on top of our heads as we enter the room he’s in. Basil’s crazy about water, and jumps in a sink under the running tap, or even sometimes in his water bowl despite having a much bigger bath available nearby. He loves to shred paper towels, and bite on his cuttlefish, but most of all, loves to be the centre of attention. It is therefore very important for us that he’ll go to a house that would have the time to interact with him regularly. Basil seems to really enjoy the company of other birds, especially other conures, however, as he’s never shared his cage, not sure if this is something he’d quickly adapt to. He’s good natured and doesn’t really bite our hands. If he doesn’t want to be touched he’ll just hold a finger in his beak and always quickly lets it go.

He’s really loved by us, and it is very important that the new owners would give him as much love and care. We’d prefer if he went to someone who has some previous experience of handling parrots and parakeets.

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I hope that you find him a good home.

Samthomp26

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Samantha thompson
We’re looking to rehome our green cheek conure, Basil. We’re based in Glasgow, Scotland and due to some unexpected changes in our lives we came to make this heartbreaking decision.

He (or she, as we’re not sure on the gender) is around 3,5 years old and generally a well behaved little green acorn. He’s never had his wings clipped and always loves to fly around the house, and to land on top of our heads as we enter the room he’s in. Basil’s crazy about water, and jumps in a sink under the running tap, or even sometimes in his water bowl despite having a much bigger bath available nearby. He loves to shred paper towels, and bite on his cuttlefish, but most of all, loves to be the centre of attention. It is therefore very important for us that he’ll go to a house that would have the time to interact with him regularly. Basil seems to really enjoy the company of other birds, especially other conures, however, as he’s never shared his cage, not sure if this is something he’d quickly adapt to. He’s good natured and doesn’t really bite our hands. If he doesn’t want to be touched he’ll just hold a finger in his beak and always quickly lets it go.

He’s really loved by us, and it is very important that the new owners would give him as much love and care. We’d prefer if he went to someone who has some previous experience of handling parrots and parakeets.
Did you find him a home? My husband and I are wanting to buy or adopt a green cheek

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did you find him a home? My husband and I are wanting to buy or adopt a green cheek
One of your previous posts said you were in NC - I assume this is North Carolina in the US.

Unless you're in the United Kingdom, or are in continental Europe and willing to do some paperwork and driving, then it's not realistic for you to adopt this bird.

Samthomp26

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Samantha thompson
One of your previous posts said you were in NC - I assume this is North Carolina in the US.

Unless you're in the United Kingdom, or are in continental Europe and willing to do some paperwork and driving, then it's not realistic for you to adopt this bird.
Sorry I am in nc I didn't see that it wasn't in the usa