• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Scented LED candles safe?

imchives

Meeting neighbors
So I absolutely love candles, and found some scented led candles on Amazon.

I was wondering how safe/dangerous they would be since you don’t burn or melt them, they just passively smell good!

I wouldn’t be keeping these in the same room Mac has his cage, more along the lines of possibly one in the living room where he would hang out with me, which is maybe a couple hours a day as he would also be hanging out with my hubby in a different room.

Our living room is connected to our kitchen and dining room as one big open area, so the scent wouldn’t be right at him all the time either. As for scent strength, I’m not sure how strong they are since I don’t have one yet.

Link to fancy candle here.

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Nothing scented should be used around birds.

If you can smell something, it's airborne, so there's nothing passive about it.

Since your bird is sharing the air space with the kitchen please ensure your range hood is vented outside and used at all times when cooking, making toast, etc.

Last edited:

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I wouldnt use them either, if it's scented, it should not be usted. Birds are just so sensetive to stuff un the air

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
If you must...get the tealight battery operated candles...no smells..look real enough

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
The link doesn’t work for me but I don’t need it…. The word “scented” is enough to tell me the answer to your question is going to be a firm NO, nothing that’s sold as scented is going to be safe is a pretty good bet- might be the odd thing like oranges with cloves stuck in that’s safe but as general rule scented means Not Bird Safe.

reetybird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Casper
So I absolutely love candles, and found some scented led candles on Amazon.

I was wondering how safe/dangerous they would be since you don’t burn or melt them, they just passively smell good!

I wouldn’t be keeping these in the same room Mac has his cage, more along the lines of possibly one in the living room where he would hang out with me, which is maybe a couple hours a day as he would also be hanging out with my hubby in a different room.

Our living room is connected to our kitchen and dining room as one big open area, so the scent wouldn’t be right at him all the time either. As for scent strength, I’m not sure how strong they are since I don’t have one yet.

Link to fancy candle here.
No scented candles should be used around your feather baby, maybe a fake candle would be good if you can find a similar one