• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Scary jolly ball trade?

FLmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
so I have had this jolly ball for 2 years now. Kai won't go near it. I have hung it by his cage and tried all the tricks to get him to accept it. It's just not gonna happen. So now that I am getting him a EWD play stand I'd like to have one of those rope orbits or something similar to hang above it to extend his play area. So I thought id ask if anyone has a orbit or similar toy that their bird is afraid of and maybe we could trade?

FLmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
I guess there are not that many scary orbit/rope toys

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Sorry no help here but I do have a (maybe silly) question......what is "EWD"?

FLmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Sure it's Exotic wood dreams. I first heard of it here. I can't wait to get Kai play stand. They are supposed to be very nice

Lynn40

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Lynn
I don't know if this would help but I made my own orbit. I could never find one the size I needed for my birds so I went on you tube and Pinterest got some ideas. The first one I used embroidery hoop and sisal rope the second I used flex PVC tube and PVC connectors and on some of the sides I used the vet wrap tape ( same as the self sticking ace bandage but safe for birds) some of the other sections I wrapped with the sisal rope. They love them and they were only a fraction of the cost of what I found them for online. Easy to make just time consuming if you wrap with the sisal rope. The vet wrap is quick.

FLmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
I have considered being crafty and creative a few times. But it's never gone beyond consideration and gathering some items that then collect dust :( currently I am gathering items to make a rolling tray for the bottom of his playstand. I have all the materials now. So just trying to find the motivation to begin. I did once make him a giant pvc playstand. It turned out pretty nice but he would not go near it But for that project I had the assistance of my very crafty sister in law. I just don't know if I have that kind of ability. I have lots of ideas but I don't know how to turn the ideas into something real.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Have you had the jolly ball equipped with toys hanging from it to add interest to the ball? The bird does not have to go inside of it and often they just like hanging out on the top of it and play with the toys that are hanging from the outside of it. Did you originally purchase your jolly ball from me at Blu's Bird Toys? If so, did you purchase the toys at the time?

FLmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Yes I have hung toys from it. His favorite toys included. I have also put his favorite treats inside and still he is afraid of it. We recently moved so I am going to try one more time once I figure out a good placement for it.