• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Scaly face ino

Beki lou

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rebekah Taylor
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone would know how long it should be until I see a result from the treatment my ino hen if having for scaly face. I’ve done the whole flock but she’s obviously effected worst. Looks like a raised scar on her eye bless her.
Just wondering when I should see some results. She has only had 2 out of 6 of the directed treatments so far. I’m just really keen to get her well. Poor Jose is feeling ugly too even tho she is isn’t! Sweet little hen hate seeing her in any discomfort.

Mybluebird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anne
I don't personally have experience with scaly face or mites (thank goodness!) but have reading about it and paying attention to others' experiences with it. What I read is that it takes almost the full course of treatment to see the difference and in some very bad cases, another round of treatment may be necessary. Maybe someone with real experience will get on soon. Hope you see substantial improvement soon.

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
So sorry you poor little hen is suffering. I am assuming the treatment is Ivermectin? Good you are treating all your birds. You have disinfected all cages and accessories I'm assuming? It will probably take the full course of treatment before you start to see improvement. A course of antibiotics is sometimes also necessary if the infestation is severe.

Beki lou

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rebekah Taylor
So sorry you poor little hen is suffering. I am assuming the treatment is Ivermectin? Good you are treating all your birds. You have disinfected all cages and accessories I'm assuming? It will probably take the full course of treatment before you start to see improvement. A course of antibiotics is sometimes also necessary if the infestation is severe.
Hi no the first round wasn’t ivermectin I panicked and bought a shop version whilst trying to locate a avarian vet in Brighton UK. Which thankfully down to all of you lovely people I have no located and been in contact.
There has been a slight improvement but nothing I was hoping for.
I have cleaned cage toys etc yes.
Thank you