• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Scab on Baby Budgie’s Wing

MPCacatúa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Molly Perko
Hey guys! Today was the first time I misted Ollie (not a fan!) but I noticed a scab on his right wing after he was wet. Is this from a lost blood feather? Do I need to be worried or do anything for him? He is not babying it at all and still flaps both wings and gets around normally. Thank you!!!

Attachments

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
It looks to me like just a patch of exposed skin and some feathers that still have a bit of pin sheath but I can’t really tell because the photos are a bit blurry.

MPCacatúa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Molly Perko
He is not a fan of the camera yet! It was tricky to get pictures at all without getting too close and scaring him. I will monitor for now. You don't think it is anything to be concerned about at this time?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
@Birdbabe we chatted about in messages. Thanks for the tag.

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
That doesn't look too bad. One of my baby lovebird came with a serious scab on her wing (when she was just over 10 days old), and it never healed properly. She still can't fly properly! She's a bit like a bird-version of Nemo, with his bad fin... Thankfully, however, your budgie's scab is no where near that bad, and it shouldn't affect his/her flight when he/she heals or grows up! Just monitor it and try to make sure that it doesn't get infected or anything!

MPCacatúa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Molly Perko
Thank you very much for the feedback! It hasn’t seemed to bother him or affect his mobility. I will monitor closely! Should I discontinue baths until it is gone?