• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Say hi to pierre, he's home at his forever home now!!

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
I KNEW you were meant for him!! And him for you! Poppers must have sent him to you.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Ahhhh!! Ok I'll fix that.....have to go into you tube and change it... Thought it automatically sets it to public...ahggg!
My tablet still says it is private and I play you tube videos on it all the time. OK, set my browser to pc mode and video plays so problem solved. Cute watching Poppers enjoy singing and whistling :xflove:

Last edited:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I KNEW you were meant for him!! And him for you! Poppers must have sent him to you.
I still thank you for introducing me to Pierre.... He's starting to come out of his shell now and really is a sweet bird.
I honestly think he was sweet all along. Just went through a bad hiccup in life, nothing that can't be over come.
Do believe he had a bad vet experience...and that's where the fear of hands seems to associate with displeasure.
But last couple days he seems to have been putting that behind him and opening up.

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
What a handsome fella! Thanks for providing him an amazing home. I hope it helps to patch up your healing heart :bluhug:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Now I can only find the Poppers & Glenda vid. I went back 2 or 3 pages. Am I loosing it?

:cloud9: over Pierre stepping up & chillin'!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Pierre enjoying the java tree for first time.
He's doing really good at stepping up now and not backing away. We're building trust.
Also today I figured out ( well I speculate) the reason why he was fearful of hands. I had him on my arm, and walked by bathroom, my wife turned on tooth brush as she was brushing teeth. Pierre started screaming and freaking out....she turned it off, he stopped. And was calm on my arm...she turned it back on with toothbrush hidden behind her...he freaked out again...
Everything makes sense now. Judging by his poorly ground nails which are a bit too short, he had his nails done with one of those batter or electric nail grinders for dog nails... I willing to bet that. Because overall, he is just too sweet to be a bad bird and hasn't been bad at all.
Plus he had a bad a bad wing clip job before I got him....not sure who clipped them, but they sure did butcher him. I'm not a fan of clipping. I have had birds that were clipped, but that's sometimes how they come to me. I then let them grow out.

IMG_20200216_162715_hdr.jpg IMG_20200216_162705_hdr.jpg IMG_20200216_162645_hdr.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Pierre is a handsome dude.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Looks like a professional portrait for Lola! It's a stunning image of her!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Looks like a professional portrait for Lola! It's a stunning image of her!
Thanks! My husband took that photo a long time ago. We set up our living room with an all plant background, bucket with a large branch and photographed several of our birds... at least the ones who would sit there long enough for a few shots. Here she is in all her glory...on that same day. Year 2008

lola.jpg

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Thanks! My husband took that photo a long time ago. We set up our living room with an all plant background, bucket with a large branch and photographed several of our birds... at least the ones who would sit there long enough for a few shots. Here she is in all her glory...on that same day. Year 2008

View attachment 328660
Wow...andrea, that's a great photo!! Can I hire your hubby?? He takes great photos!! Beautiful picture of your bird!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Wow...andrea, that's a great photo!! Can I hire your hubby?? He takes great photos!! Beautiful picture of your bird!
Thanks Michael. He's actually from Michigan.... St. Claire shores area. We haven't been back there since 1992 to visit but if we ever do I'm sure he'll bring his camera along. I think he'd enjoy doing photos of companion birds with a nice back ground.