• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Say hi to pierre, he's home at his forever home now!!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
MC only steps up on my arm these days. That's what is comfortable to him. He's the boss, you know?

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
MC only steps up on my arm these days. That's what is comfortable to him. He's the boss, you know?
Come to think of it, poppers liked stepping up on arms. Her preference. She'd step up on hand, but preferred arm. And funny both Grayson and poppers would never step up on my right hand, but will on my left. I never quite figured that one out.
And of course MC is the boss that's how it works. Lol....
how are things with MC ?? I Been following MC.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Dobby when we let him out after everyone's home has rules like that too. When my sister lets him out she has to stand there and allow him to jump onto her hand or shoulder etc. When I let him out he starts running around and doing the wing shake till I reach in and he runs onto my hand to ride out...crazy bugger...they have a LOT of rules...

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Dobby when we let him out after everyone's home has rules like that too. When my sister lets him out she has to stand there and allow him to jump onto her hand or shoulder etc. When I let him out he starts running around and doing the wing shake till I reach in and he runs onto my hand to ride out...crazy bugger...they have a LOT of rules...
They sure do!!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Made some pretty good progress tonite with pierre. I quite pleased at how he's settling down are using target training and a treat to get him to trust hands.
Tonite for the first time, he stepped up onto my arm. Sat there a bit, a little nervous he was, but praised him and said how great he was and not to be scared.
He also stepped up onto my wifes arm as well! Well done pierre !!!
IMG_20200213_184537_hdr.jpg IMG_20200213_184545_hdr.jpg

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
They get there with time, patience, and love. It took Lurch forever to get there but he did and he was pretty unpredictable and quick to bite at first. He's probably always been a good bird, someone just took it out of him and now he's learning it's safe to be himself again and not always have to avoid the things that had bad results before.

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
:birdance: :birdance: :birdance: :birdance: :birdance: :birdance: :birdance:
Yay!!!!!!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
:birdance: :birdance: :birdance: :birdance: :birdance: :birdance: :birdance:
Yay!!!!!!
Yay for sure!!! I pleased with his progress, he wants to be part of the flock. And I thank Grey Grey for helping set an example that things and hands can be trusted.
Pierre has been watching grey grey
Very closely and sees that he enjoys being on us and is happy. I think pierre is picking up on that. The example of monkey see monkey do...

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I think he's coming along at record pace! Such amazing news!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Pierre is making progress, baby steps. Been working daily with him. His fear has calmed right down. No more screaming at hands. And as you can see has been stepping up now. Progressing far faster than I expected. I suspect he has always been a good bird, just had a bit of down period in his life. But I think he's realizing that it's fun here and the people ( us) are great!! He's really coming out of his shell.
IMG_20200214_183847.jpg IMG_20200214_183833_2.jpg IMG_20200214_183824.jpg IMG_20200214_183958.jpg