• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Say hi to pierre, he's home at his forever home now!!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Funny and rather unusual thing happen tonite with pierre. We had a friend over and first time they seem pierre. As they were getting ready to leave,
they walked over to cage to say bye.
Pierre laughed himself at sherri, friend of my wifes. But missed and landed on floor next to her. I picked Pierre up and moved him into living room perch.
Now Pierre hasn't spoken much at all since I brought him home. While our guest was in kitchen getting ready to leave. Pierre began calling out...
" Momma, momma momma come here...momma"
It was heart breaking. So our guest stayed a few more minutes to talk with bird as we were all a little stunned.
Pierre began talking up a storm, calling sherri, our guest, momma. We began thinking sherri reminded Pierre of someone in its past. Heart breaking.
As our guest left, Pierre began saying bye bye momma....momma momma, bye bye. My wife and I were like wow!! Sad, about it as it is, but a bird doesn't forget.....

received_625192971598762.jpeg IMG_20200222_170938_hdr.jpg

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Thanks Michael. He's actually from Michigan.... St. Claire shores area. We haven't been back there since 1992 to visit but if we ever do I'm sure he'll bring his camera along. I think he'd enjoy doing photos of companion birds with a nice back ground.
St. Clair shores, beautiful area. About an hour from me.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
St. Clair shores, beautiful area. About an hour from me.
If we ever come up that way we'll give you a holla.... would be fun to see some Avenue people!

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, petit ange. :sad11:
It's just so bittersweet when they're reminded of someone they miss, and come out of their shells trying to connect. I remember when Kamara reacted like that to my Hallowe'en costume the year before last, and how that was the breakthrough to her beginning to trust me.

Pierre's such a sweetheart. He's so lucky to have landed with you.

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Aww... that's such a sweet glimpse at his past:sad11: Who knows what he's been through...

Mama Kirs

Strolling the yard
This for me has been the most beautiful thread I've read here. The patience, the respect, the positive expectations, the love and trust... I am so happy this bird found it's way to you!! I have a feeling you could get anyone grounded and relaxed. :)

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
This for me has been the most beautiful thread I've read here. The patience, the respect, the positive expectations, the love and trust... I am so happy this bird found it's way to you!! I have a feeling you could get anyone grounded and relaxed. :)
Thanks, I do try. Pierre was awfully scared of people, but has been stepping up and doing wonderful.
With today being in the 50's, I took Pierre outside for some lovely sunshine. Boy did he enjoy that... I don't think he's ever been out side. Was so good for him. He's really turning into a great bird. Exceeded my expectation by miles.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Aww... that's such a sweet glimpse at his past:sad11: Who knows what he's been through...
Hard to say was his last two homes were like... But this is his last home, he's not going anywhere because I can't do that to a bird.
He's been wonderful.