• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Saw this on Instagram, had to share!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Fascinating! Thanks!

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
OH my goodness! Amazing!

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow! He's so smart!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Simply amazing!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Awww that’s awesome!

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
Amazing!! I love them.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love ravens! I'm glad she's educating the public about them. I see a worrying trend in some bird groups on Facebook of people wanting to keep corvids as pets after seeing videos of them. From what I've heard, their intelligence makes them wickedly difficult birds to keep. Does anybody on this forum have corvids?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I do love ravens!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Yes I loved that clip.
I so love ravens and and am completely awed at their interactions with humans they choose and their scary intelligence. It's been couple of years now so I guess I can mention that I had a raven for about 18 months. I found him in my back yard (where I feed the ravens and crows) he was about 1 year old, still a juvenile, and had been badly mauled by a cat. His wing had been broken in two places, he had a hole in one breast, a tendon was torn out of one leg and he was missing a lot of skin on one side.

I contacted Liberty Wildlife and talked to my vet and both indicated that he would probably need to be put down, so I couldn't tolerate that and I kept him - illegal as all heck. It took about five months to get him well enough that he could function fairly well and we were making progress. I had hurt him so badly, so many times when nursing him, I didn't think he would ever like me, but he was coming around. He was noisy and messy and yelled at me and begged for scratches. He would stand in the corner next to my chair and talk to me, in Raven, as long as I would stay there. The intelligence in his eyes was amazing.

He spent a lot of time outside in a chicken coop I bought for him and he would visit with the ravens who came to eat. One little girl raven was especially taken with him and also one older very large raven. They would visit him and talk to him almost every day. They would climb around on his coop trying to get him out and yell at me.

Finally, after about 1 1/2 years he got what looked like fungus around his beak and started losing feathers. I took him to Dr. Driggers and he said the fungus was something that crows and ravens often got, but he also had a staph infection. I gave him the medication Dr. prescribed and he seemed to get well. One Fri. I brought him in the house and noticed that he had lost feathers again. The next day he was very ill and he died on Sunday - so fast.

I loved that bird and I still love him. There is something special about a wild animal who accepts you. He's buried out under my apple tree where I feed the rest of his tribe. He has a nice headstone and I go talk to him now and then.

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Ahhh I love ravens so much, this is so cute!!