• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

saw my first TAG today ,so small

Status
Not open for further replies.

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
:confused:I didn't know they were that small. A friend called me up and asked me to come over . So when I walk in I see the cutest little TAG :swoon: She seemed to be about the size of a quaker? Is that thier normal size? She is so gentle too. I cannot believe I didn't take a picture:headsmack:

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Awwww, it must have been a baby! Are you going to get it?!?!?

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
:confused:I didn't know they were that small. A friend called me up and asked me to come over . So when I walk in I see the cutest little TAG :swoon: She seemed to be about the size of a quaker? Is that thier normal size? She is so gentle too. I cannot believe I didn't take a picture:headsmack:
I always wondered about the size difference of the CAG and the TAG...

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Awwww, it must have been a baby! Are you going to get it?!?!?
:rofl::rofl::rofl: No way it's her bird . I PROMISED hubby Patrek was the LAST one:p . you are sooo bad:hehe: I had just never seen one and it's not supposed to be a baby ,she just got it from a rescue. I am still secretly hoping hubby gets me a parrotlet. I know he will not but I have a great parrotlet cage here going to waste..:rofl:

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
:confused:I didn't know they were that small. A friend called me up and asked me to come over . So when I walk in I see the cutest little TAG :swoon: She seemed to be about the size of a quaker? Is that thier normal size?
I don't believe so. The TAGs I've seen aren't that much smaller than Congos. The bird you saw may just have been a smaller than average TAG. If you take a look at Saroj' mixed flock threads, you'll see the difference. Here's one... http://forums.avianavenue.com/34322-post1.html (last pic)

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Ok I have to go back to her house tomorrow for something. I will totally bring my camera and something for a size comparison . She is tiny . I didn't even think it was really a grey for a moment. What should I take for size comparison? maybe I could find a ruler.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Ok I have to go back to her house tomorrow for something. I will totally bring my camera and something for a size comparison . She is tiny . I didn't even think it was really a grey for a moment. What should I take for size comparison? maybe I could find a ruler.
Are there any other birds in the household to compare with? A ruler or other measuring tool would be great, providing the bird will allow you. Some birds don't like that.

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Are there any other birds in the household to compare with? A ruler or other measuring tool would be great, providing the bird will allow you. Some birds don't like that.
Yes ,she also has a blue quaker( I think it's a quaker) . This little grey looks pretty easy going . I'll see what I can do...

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
oooh yeah, I'd like to see pics :D
a soda can maybe if the ruler is too scary

Stacy_b

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Stacy
Kira is smaller then a CAG...but larger then a Quaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.