• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Saving private Ryan

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Unfortunatly no, she wont allow me to come close, and i dont want to scare her :)

if all goes well, she will continue her journey tonight or early morning :) She just needs to relax a bit and have some good rest!

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Nah, i never had them for the sports :) i enjoyed watching them fly high in the sky!

I started with 2, but then other stray’s would join, and eventually i had 15 :rofl:

then i gave them to the local animal farm where they lived a long happy life :)

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Nah, i never had them for the sports :) i enjoyed watching them fly high in the sky!

I started with 2, but then other stray’s would join, and eventually i had 15 :rofl:

then i gave them to the local animal farm where they lived a long happy life :)
That’s great! I would love to have a small flock of pigeons one day, I especially love Old German Owl pigeons.

As for the sport, I personally don’t support it, pigeon lofts are far too often dirty and overcrowded (40+ pigeons in a 5’ by 5’ loft :eek:), and many loft owners don’t care if they lose some of their pigeons :(

I wouldn’t free fly a pigeon where I live (lots of red tailed, red shouldered, and Cooper’s hawks) but it’s wonderful to watch a pigeon in flight (the mourning doves here are so graceful :xflove:)

Riley likes pigeons, so I have to tag her on any pigeon picture thread and see how cute she thinks he is :rofl:
She is really cute! You know I think all pigeons are cute :lol:

(Except pouters lol, they’re kinda weird :huh:)
1597434721822.jpeg