• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sandblasted Grapewood in Ontario?

TheBirds

Sprinting down the street
One of my projects over the break is to try and build a playgym suspended from the ceiling above the birds cages, which I'd hoped to do with lengths of bulk sandblasted grapewood to essentially create a long floating "perch". Partly because it'll look cool, and partly because I'm hoping it will draw them away from hanging out on the light fixtures where they can't easily be retrieved o_O

I'd prefer to pick out the pieces in person as I think it'll need to be cobbled together from several smaller chunks, has anyone in southern Ontario (Canada) had success finding bulk grapewood or grapevine at a local pet/fish/reptile supply store that they could recommend? I feel like I go down a rabbit hole every time I search online!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
One of my projects over the break is to try and build a playgym suspended from the ceiling above the birds cages, which I'd hoped to do with lengths of bulk sandblasted grapewood to essentially create a long floating "perch". Partly because it'll look cool, and partly because I'm hoping it will draw them away from hanging out on the light fixtures where they can't easily be retrieved o_O

I'd prefer to pick out the pieces in person as I think it'll need to be cobbled together from several smaller chunks, has anyone in southern Ontario (Canada) had success finding bulk grapewood or grapevine at a local pet/fish/reptile supply store that they could recommend? I feel like I go down a rabbit hole every time I search online!
I haven’t had any luck finding them in physical shops, but there might be some in these shops:

TheBirds

Sprinting down the street
I haven’t had any luck finding them in physical shops, but there might be some in these shops:
Thanks for the links, @budgieluv3 .. I haven't checked-out theparrotshop.ca yet, will do that now. Most of the bird supply stores seem to have hardware already attached to the perches for the purposes of hanging them off of cages though, so I'm feeling like a general pet store or fish shop might be a better bet! We shall see :)