• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe to use in foraging baskets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief5feathers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lisa
Is "Create a Basket" Paper Shred safe to put into foraging toys, bowls and baskets? It is from the craft dept in Wal-Mart. It's a bag of brightly colored shredded paper to use in making gift baskets. The bag says it's from Cole & Ashcroft, L.P. Houston, TX.

I've seen willow balls and other toys stuffed with what appears to be shredded paper just like this, with a hidden treat mixed with other small toys. Anyone use this in their foraging baskets or toys? I just want to make sure it's safe before I use it.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
any paper made in united states has to use soy ink I believe

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I've used colored shredded papers tons of times and haven't yet had a problem with it.

chief5feathers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lisa
Actually, I just noticed the UPC sticker says CBE Paper Shred Bright Mix - 85 cu in. Made in Mexico, even though the company listed on the bag is in Texas.

I was thinking of just running colored paper through a paper shredder, but who knows where the paper we buy at Office Depot, craft stores or Wal-Mart is made either. This kind in the bag, already shredded for baskets looked so much easier and it's so pretty and colorful.

Jally

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
I use it as well. They also have plain brown that I use more frequently and buy the colored when the brown is sold out. No problems here either.

hawkygal

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I use "Eco-Nest" shread material. I was told this stuff is the best in terms of safetly. And its reallly economical at least here. :dancing:

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
i wondered about the bags of shredded paper I see them at the Dollar Tree all the time in the Gifting section, along with rolls of colored crape paper - haven't bought either because I wasn't sure if it was safe or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.