• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SAFE SPACE HEATER (IF YOU NEED)

budsNares

Moving in
Real Name
Benjamin
Hey everyone!
I am new here. I thought I would share this little information in case anyone needs because I spent weeks researching and pondering what heater to get that would be safe for my birds. I wanted to let everyone know that the Vornado Velocity 3R whole room heater (Velocity 3R Whole Room Heater) is completely safe for birds. I bought it and used it in my bird room that very night so I know its safe for sure. I talked to vornado and they said they never use teflon or any PFTE(?) chemicals or coatings or whatever so it is completely safe for birds! Even though I knew the heater was bird safe I was still really worried so I stayed up for a few hours and watched my birds around the heater... but anyway, Winter is upon us and some of us may need heaters so just in case guys here you go!

I have also heard oil heaters are the best choice for birds since they dont get hot to the touch and heat rooms better. The vornado I got doesnt get hot enough to the touch to burn you either though so it works out. best of luck to everyone!
Hopefully no power outages this year.. Last year was very hard due to a week long power outage.. so glad my birds made it through that... We cuddled up in a room for a whole week lol.

1633810647456.png