• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe platform perch

K5MOW

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Roger Stenstrom
Good morning

I wonder if someone could help me find a small platform perch that is safe for a cockatiel to chew on. I Purchased one on eBay and I really like it but I didn’t realize he would chew it and I’m not sure if it’s safe for him to chew on and possibly Eat.The ad states it is non-toxic springboard. I took it out of the cage because I am not sure if it is the proper material. Does anyone know of a company that I could purchase a quality platform perch that would be safe.

does anyone know if this springboard is considered safe.

thanks Roger

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm not sure what springboard is.

Things for wings has some Natural Wood Perches for Parrots and Birds from Things for Wings

So does The Best Bird Toys Welcome to TBB Toys - Treat Your Pet to More of the Best Toys

And Seriously Nutz Platform Perches - from Seriously Nutz Bird Toys

I have one Stomp - Dino Footprint Perch

Basically as long as the wood type is safe and it has stainless steel hardware, it is fine to chew. Birds do not normally ingest non food items, but some do. If they are eating wood, it needs to be removed. Safe does not equal digestible.

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street
Since I’ve never heard of springboard I’m going to have to assume it’s particleboard/chipboard, in which case birds should never be allowed to chew on it.
For bird supplies I recommend The Birdsafe Store. Check out their variety of perches including this corner shelf: Prevue Corner Shelf

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
My green cheek has a few from Tweety Pies Bird Toys, those are really nice. She also has a couple of Stomp perches from @Mizzely and a wire sundeck perch, which I covered in fleece and then vet wrap (fleece for comfy softness, vet wrap to keep it in place and clean). The sundeck is by far my bird's favorite.

K5MOW

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Roger Stenstrom
Since I’ve never heard of springboard I’m going to have to assume it’s particleboard/chipboard, in which case birds should never be allowed to chew on it.
For bird supplies I recommend The Birdsafe Store. Check out their variety of perches including this corner shelf: Prevue Corner Shelf
It is definitely not particleboard. It is some type of natural wood. Since I don’t know I won’t be using it.

K5MOW

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Roger Stenstrom
I'm not sure what springboard is.

Things for wings has some Natural Wood Perches for Parrots and Birds from Things for Wings

So does The Best Bird Toys Welcome to TBB Toys - Treat Your Pet to More of the Best Toys

And Seriously Nutz Platform Perches - from Seriously Nutz Bird Toys

I have one Stomp - Dino Footprint Perch

Basically as long as the wood type is safe and it has stainless steel hardware, it is fine to chew. Birds do not normally ingest non food items, but some do. If they are eating wood, it needs to be removed. Safe does not equal digestible.
Thanks. Just ordered from seriously nutz.
Roger

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I did a quick Amazon search and a few listings had “Springboard” in the titles but because of the vague details I wouldn’t use it to be safe. Typically anything I get from Amazon I make sure it says what kind of wood and if the hardware is SS or not. CC15B9B5-5DBF-4E5C-8C60-B82B21121966.jpeg 78A88B8A-9EBF-4B09-9090-2643C5C17EDD.jpeg

K5MOW

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Roger Stenstrom
I did a quick Amazon search and a few listings had “Springboard” in the titles but because of the vague details I wouldn’t use it to be safe. Typically anything I get from Amazon I make sure it says what kind of wood and if the hardware is SS or not. View attachment 344850 View attachment 344851
Yes this is basically what I have. I will not be using it.