• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe hairdryers/curling irons/etc (Conair)

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
I had emailed Conair about safe hairdryers/curling irons and they don’t use any Teflon or PTFE in their products! Just wanted to post to let others know as well.

Also the hairdryer is for myself, not for my future feathered friend!

Attachments

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
BaByliss also confirmed that they don't use PTFE or PFOA in their products when I emailed them.

d_msparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Do you know if this is true for ALL of their products? I bought a handheld steamer today from Conair for some projects that need to be done around the house. I called Conair's Customer Service line and they told me it would be 3-5 days before Corporate could call me back to confirm the steamer is Teflon-free. I sent an email hoping maybe I can get an answer sooner. The plate is aluminum so I think we're fine but I feel like I can never be too careful!

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
Do you know if this is true for ALL of their products? I bought a handheld steamer today from Conair for some projects that need to be done around the house. I called Conair's Customer Service line and they told me it would be 3-5 days before Corporate could call me back to confirm the steamer is Teflon-free. I sent an email hoping maybe I can get an answer sooner. The plate is aluminum so I think we're fine but I feel like I can never be too careful!
They told me that they don't have any appliances that use PTFE or Teflon, so I would think it is okay. I got an email back from them within a day, so hopefully they will get back to you soon! It's always better to be safe! :)

Travis726

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Travis

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name