• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe food for a tiel?

Szandor

Moving in
Real Name
Alex
Just wondering if things like garlic are safe for my tiel? He's 5 months old, male, named Sam. He wanted some of my garlic naan but I was unsure, so gave him a tiny bit(no bigger than my thumb) with no garlic on it. For future reference, is garlic okay or no?

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
A quick google search:
Garlic adds flavor to our dishes but it can cause problems in parrots. Garlic is related to onions and has similar chemical compounds.

When in doubt don’t feed it is my motto :)

You can make bird safe bread that both u and ur bird can enjoy, made of almond flour , bananas, seeds, and veges .

Szandor

Moving in
Real Name
Alex
A quick google search:
Garlic adds flavor to our dishes but it can cause problems in parrots. Garlic is related to onions and has similar chemical compounds.

When in doubt don’t feed it is my motto :)

You can make bird safe bread that both u and ur bird can enjoy, made of almond flour , bananas, seeds, and veges .
Ah thank you! I'm glad I didn't feed it to him then; he very very rarely has bread so he was happy without it anyway :)
I'll try that suggestion for bread too!

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
Well I’ve read whole wheat and almond bread are ok unlike white bread, naan bread maybe salty also?