• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe cookware

Karbear

Moving in
Real Name
Karen
Hi I am a new member and I need help , I have a brand new ceramic stoneware crockpot , company name is West Bend , today will be my first day using it if it’s ok . I have a cocktail named Buddy who is 4 yrs old , is this crockpot safe to use around Buddy ? Thank you for any help , I would appreciate it.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Crockpots are generally safe as Ceramic/stoneware is naturally nonstick. You should check with the company to be sure with any new appliance, though.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Not sure about crockpots.

:welcomeavenue:

tjc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tammy
I also think crockpots are safe, if they are ceramic. However, the bags you can use in crockpots I don’t think are safe. They are similar to the bags you can cook a meal in the oven and I don’t believe those are safe. I have no facts to back this up, just my opinion.
:think1::think1:

Karbear

Moving in
Real Name
Karen
I also think crockpots are safe, if they are ceramic. However, the bags you can use in crockpots I don’t think are safe. They are similar to the bags you can cook a meal in the oven and I don’t believe those are safe. I have no facts to back this up, just my opinion.
:think1::think1:
Thank you