• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe cookie sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
I would like to purchase the Foodnetwork Stonewear cookie sheet. It is suppose to be stick resisitant naturally and it bakes better. They sell it at Kohl's. The cookie sheet I have now does not have non stick on it but when you put it in the oven after a while it bends from the temps.

Any thoughts on the stone wear? Safe???

Oknuma

Real Name
Oknuma
all my frypans are stoneware and I love them but for cookie sheets I use the silicone bakeware and love it

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
M

M.C Bird Rescue

according to this website I'd say its safe - it mentions it clear at the bottom though

Safe, Healthy and Non-Toxic Cookware

and some one on here uses it as well
Bakeware? - ThePerch.net Message Boards - The Friendliest Pet Bird / Parrot Forum on the Net !

too bad i'm banned from the site the one person uses silicone bakeware and i just read the other day of it almost killing a bird, now if i can find that article again

AHAHAHAHAH I am banned too I cant get it either!

Hendryx

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridie
I have all silicone bakeware,but to be honest I have no clue how good it is, I don't bake at all,but it's the only bakeware in my cupboards..

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
I would *think* stoneware is fine. I use that to bake with and have no issues. There isn't really a way it can give off fumes.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
AHAHAHAHAH I am banned too I cant get it either!
if you were logged in when you were banned just clear your cookies, it'll remove your log in info and you should be able to read posts

I was able to read those posts and all posts. made recently As long as I clear my cookies after I was banned.

I always mark the remember me so even if i wasn't online i was logged in once i cleared my cookies though i was no longer logged in so i could get on

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter
I am looking for some good cookie sheets too, and I have no idea what to get. I switched to cast iron for my cookware but I have no idea what to get for bakeware!

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I recently replaced some of my bakeware with Aluminum. I have 2 muffin pans, 13X9 pan and 2 cookie sheets. It costs a bit more (but not as much as Stainless), it's heavy duty (no bending) cleans up well and I've not had anything stick to it when I use a spray on oil (Olive Oil).

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:omg: I just realized the cookie sheets I've been using have the nonstick coating. Went and looked them up. Never thought of nonstick being invisible just always thought of teflon.:o:
Looks like I'll be needing some new cookie sheets too.

Status
Not open for further replies.