• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

** Sad Update ** Prayers needed...Crimson Bellied Conure please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythreeiggys

Hit the Road
Real Name
Danielle
Little Macke is a baby CBC that has a upper respiratory infection and he needs lots of prayers and positive energy! His breeder called me last week with concerns of clear discharge coming from his nose. Macke just went to his new home Wednesday and on Thursday started showing signs of being ill. Over the weekend, his new Mommy took him to a regular vet and they prescribed antibiotics that never should have been given to him. Today Macke's mommy took him to the AV and he's now on Baytril. The AV wanted to keep Macke but apparently money was an issue with the breeder and she didn't want to pay the money for the AV (which she should have!) to make Macke better :( I now have Macke and am trying to nurse him back to health. He is in my dogs outdoor room so he has no contact with my birds (I moved the OW's to my mom and dads apartment) and he seems to be doing well. I am also being very, very careful with any interactions with my birds. Tonight after feeding him and getting him settled in, I stripped down and threw my clothes in the washer, showered, and sprayed everything I came in contact with, with GSE. I just talked to Macke's mommy and she is SO upset. She was crying and was just so distraught. She loves this little guy. Please say a prayer for little Macke. His mommy needs him and just adores him.

Get well soon little one! :heart:

PeaceLoveDreamer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jacqui
I will keep little Macke in my prayers. I am sorry the breeder wouldn't pay for the vet to keep him overnight, but I am sure you will do just as great of a job with the little guy. Best of luck with him. He sounds like a strong little guy, I am sure he will pull through. :hug8:

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
:hug8:Prayers for Mackie. He's in good hands.

minirachie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rachel
:9 Prayers and positive thoughts your way,,,hope he gets better! :hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Dear God,

Please let the antibiotics be the answer. Prayers for Little Mackie to be surrounded by healing energy and make a 100% recovery. And please convince the breeder not to have anymore of Your beloved babies if she can't take care of them.

Ginger

Attachments

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
many prayers on the way

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Daniell, sending prayers your way! I am so glad you are helping this little baby. :hug8:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor baby,sending any prayers his way.

Mythreeiggys

Hit the Road
Real Name
Danielle
Thanks everyone! Little Macke seems to being doing well this morning! I just went out and gave him his medicine and handfed him. He was happy to see/hear someone. He ate like a champ and is very active!! I talked to his Mommy about changing his diet so after he's over his infection, we are going to work on that. He was weaned to seed :( so we are going to work on getting him on a good pellet with lots of fresh foods. I have high hopes for the little one! :)

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Thank you for helping and taking such good care of little Macke.. :hug8: Sending over many prayers and healing vibes.. :hug8:

Explorer

Walking the driveway
Real Name
B
Prayers on its way for little Macke.. I hope he will be better soon :( poor baby

:sad9:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Mythreeiggys

Hit the Road
Real Name
Danielle
Great suggestion Carole! I'll order some in a couple minutes.

Here's some pictures of the baby. He is SO sweet and he's really doing well! He get so excited to see/hear me (his eyes are starting to open more). He is a little love :heart:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317854215.149557.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317854289.448258.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317854348.461681.jpg

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor baby. He sure doesn't feel good. What meds is he on?

QP4CAG

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
sending lots and lots of warm wishes and prayers!!:hug8::hug8::hug8:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww,he's precious but its easy to see he's not feeling to hot. Bless his heart,I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Mythreeiggys

Hit the Road
Real Name
Danielle
Poor baby. He sure doesn't feel good. What meds is he on?
He's on Baytril twice a day for 10 days. He's not eating on his own at all. I've been putting bird bread in with him in the AM and he doesn't touch it but he's not used to that type of food so that could be it also. I also put in a little bowl of seed (which is his regular diet but we are going to work on that when he gets better) but he hasn't touched that either. I'm sure a lot has to do with not being able to see. I've been gently wiping his eyes with a warm cloth and it seems to be helping somewhat. But I can say for as bad as he looks, he's very, very active. He pretty much never stays still :) I am really, really happy about that!

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am glad you are seeing an improvement. Are you handfeeding? His loss of appetite may be due to the Baytril.

Status
Not open for further replies.