• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent (Sad update) Help my Parrot

Mrcrowley

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Crying rite now ...Oh man ... I feel yea I have been thee I had my Pippie for two years all my birds miss her bad

Bushra

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bushra
Oh, Bushra, I am so sorry! Please continue to post here as this is an awesome forum. Fly free little Peanut! And Bushra, you should try to get some sleep. :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:
I will introduce the rest of my parrots in the next days ,, I will be a good student and friend here ,,
will I get more experience?

I can't sleep now :( :(

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I will introduce the rest of my parrots in the next days ,, I will be a good student and friend here ,,
will I get more experience?

I can't sleep now :( :(
Take your time to heal. :) :hug8:
It's okay if you can't sleep right now. :hug8:

Bushra

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bushra
but I will get many problems with my family tomorrow when they wake up ,, I don't know why they don't want me to cry .. but I will

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
but I will get many problems with my family tomorrow when they wake up ,, I don't know why they don't want me to cry .. but I will
Oh, that's even worse. It is 100% normal to cry when you are sad, so don't feel bad!! :hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm very sorry, Bushra. You did everything you could for him. Yes, please stay on this site. :hug8:

GlassOnion

Bushra- I am so sorry for your loss. :hug8: It must be devastating for you.

For your remaining 8 birds, please change their diet away from seeds. A seed diet is old and outdated, it's similar to feeding mcdonalds to your kids. They are high in fat, and are nutritionally incomplete, missing important vitamins, calcium, protein, etc. 70% of all avian illnesses are due to a poor seed diet.

Please find parrot pellets, they are like dog food, but for parrots. I recommend Roudybush because the company has done extensive research with cockatiels on their food, and is unsweetened, uncoloured. It's also easily accepted and eaten well, compared to other brands, like Harrison's, in my opinion. You probably need to order Roudybush from other countries, but any pellet you can find will be better than no pellet at all. Pellets should make up at least 50% of overall diet.

Also- I would look into feeding sprouted bird seed, instead of dry. Cooked grains, beans, etc are all good. Leafy greens and colourful veggies like carrots are important. Please don't feed only seeds anymore. They will get liver or kidney disease eventually, and die younger than they should.

Here is a good resource for diet:

Cockatiels, Different Types of Nutritional Diets for Cockatiels,Recommended Diets,Avian Nutrition, High Protein Diets

Timmy&Crash

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rick
So sorry for your loss Bursha, But do stay I am new here too. But have found lots of valuable information here and every one is so nice and helpful
Hugs

Bushra

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bushra
I feed them more than seeds ,,
I feed them vitamins and many things I buy for them
but I'll search for pellets ,,
and I'll grow for them to feed them grains because there is no one sells it here
I'll do everything to make them live healthy
thank you

-------------
me too I'm new here and I'm sure I'll learn ,, thank you

thanks all

GlassOnion

I feed them more than seeds ,,
I feed them vitamins and many things I buy for them
but I'll search for pellets ,,
and I'll grow for them to feed them grains because there is no one sells it here
I'll do everything to make them live healthy
thank you

That's good to hear :) If you feed pellets, no need for extra vitamins because then your birds could overdose on vitamins and get sick. It's very easy to sprout sunflower seeds and other bird seed. Very nutritious!!

Bailey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm worried that maybe your vet overdosed your bird on the meds. A broken wing wouldn't cause respiratory distress or death. A head injury could cause death, but I don't think hard breathing.

Fly free Peanut.

You did all you could for the little guy. :hug8:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
I am sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Hi Bushra- I know you said you had difficulty sprouting. I just thought I'd give you a link to a company who sells simple sprouter s for less than $15. And they have several bird mixes for about $10 a pound. Of course the shipping would be a lot. But these things are light.

Anyway, the link is to a video on how they do it. It might help you get more success with sprouting the seeds and beans you have there. If they absolutely won't germinate, they are dead inside and useless. It might be worth a try to soak them longer at the beginning. You will also need apple cider vinegar "with the mother" or alternatively, grape seed oil, to prevent any dangerous fungus from growing. Good luck. Here's the link:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I understand now,,

Till now me peanut is still warm because I'm hugging him and holding him in my arms

I can't explain my pain in this moment ,,

thank you all
No need to explain. I think any of us here who have lost a bird understands. I'm so sorry. You obviously loved Peanut and I am sure you will continue to do your best to take care of all your birds.

Don't stress too much about their seeds but stick around here and I am sure you will learn so much. You will probably want to add some other healthful fruits and vegetables to their diets. I can't wait to get to know you better. When you feel up to it please introduce us to your other birds :)

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
I"m very sorry for your loss. How terribly sad. :hug8: