• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

(Sad Update 8/28 #121) Post Egg Binding - feet not working, can't walk at all! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
So sorry for your loss.

ceresbly

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kimberly
Sending you warm fuzzy hugs and healing energy for your loss. It sounds like your baby passed away from a complication common to a lot of people who become quadra- or paraplegic; a blood clot that forms in the legs or lower pelvis and breaks loose and goes to the lung causing shortness of breath, coughing, sneezing and respiratory failure. Pulmonary emboli are a big problem with people and animals with lower extremity paralysis and there was nothing you or the vet could have done to avoid this complication. They form because of the blood lying stagnate in the legs and pelvis and break loose without warning and are usual very fast killers. One thing is certain, your poor baby did not have much time to feel pain or panic before the end came. In a very good way, it is a peaceful kind of release for a paralyzed being. I am so sorry for your loss, but so happy for you that you were blessed to share you life with her for even the short time you both had together. Celebrate the memory of your life together; rejoice in knowing her special little soul and if you believe in an afterlife, I hope you and she will meet again over the Bridge.
Oh my goodness! thank you so incredibly inexpressibly much for this information... I spent all day agonizing over if there was anything else that I could have done to save her, but I guess it was her time to go. I am sure that she wasn't as happy as she could have been never fully understanding why she couldn't get her talons to work ... she wanted to climb so badly and couldn't do it and it broke my heart watching her suffer like that. I will take comfort that she is free now... This means everything to me, really truly, thank you for explaining to me what happened... and to all the other responses and condolences I appreciate every single word more than you know. This website helped me make it through yesterday and I hope someday to get another sun conure to love, or more. many more!!!!!!!!! if only there were more breeders in Montana.... all my love to you all. kimberly

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I'm so sorry! :(:hug8:

Parront

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Annrose
Kimberly, I am new to the forum, and have been reading your story, and my heart just breaks for you.
But the good news is, she is in a much happier place now, pain free and flying free.
We had to have our 13 year old Irish Setter put to sleep yesterday. I'd like to think that Chelsia And Gwendolyn found each other
on the other side, and are having a grand time. The more we love the bigger our hearts become. I send you a Huge Cyber Hug, AR

Status
Not open for further replies.