• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sad rescue intake

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I won't post the link directly as it's really sad but you can go to Pearl's Facebook page if you want to see it. They also started a Tik Tok page where they will post updates on the birds.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I saw that...just kills me and I wasn't there to experience it. :sad1:

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
The rescue also posted about the rescue on instagram. No account required.

Warning - it is worse than what I imagined. Those poor birds!

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Video Makes me wonder if the owner who expired had a lengthy illness… and perhaps no family to assist the birds or the human during. The birds clearly are habituated to humans, and sought out the attention of the Pearl representative. They definitively have had positive human interaction at some point in their lives. I hope if the birds are grieving their previous owner in addition to requiring some body healing they get some heart healing during quarantine too.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
The rescue also posted about the rescue on instagram. No account required.

Warning - it is worse than what I imagined. Those poor birds!

@Hankmacaw , can you see it here? If not, let me know and I will try to figure something out. When I went to share the video with a friend, it still sent it as facebook. I can maybe try to download it if you can't see it on instagram.

Last edited:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Hankmacaw , can you see it here? If not, let me know and I will try to figure something out. When I went to share the video with a friend, it still sent it as facebook. I can maybe try to download it if you can't see it on instagram.
I just watched it on Instagram pretty grim watching

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
instagram wanted a log-in to see video but I could see one frame as a picture. I don't do facebook either

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
instagram wanted a log-in to see video but I could see one frame as a picture. I don't do facebook either
It gave me the option to log in or not now i do use instagram but pressed not now and was able to play vid.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Is the only way to upload a video through YouTube? I have the video but it won't let me upload it.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Just make throw-away accounts on either site to see it.

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not sure but I think you can save it to your media folder & then upload it from there.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Thanks @flyzipper - good to have a computer geek around. I realize I'm stubborn, but I just won't have anything to do with those "mobs".

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Thanks @flyzipper . I've chosen not to get involved with any of those sites like facebook, tiktok, instagram, twitter, etc. the Avenue is it for me!
That is some sad state of affairs there. I'm glad they are out and getting help now, they are true survivors.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
WOW! Sad very sad. That's a lot of filth. What amazes me is the birds hadn't plucked.
Right? It amazing. I'm waiting for confirmation from one of the members but the foster mom thinks the goffins have import bands. Those wild caught birds just don't seem to be pluckers like bred birds. Also waiting to hear more but the one Amazon has weird eyes. I've never seen anything like it before. @Hankmacaw any idea what it might be? They're clear but it's like the eyes and the eye sockets don't line up. Like you can see the "white" of his eye but it's not that the lids are drooping. And it's like that on both eyes. Maybe something congenital? (And the birds are going to the vets. Trying to get them in asap.)