• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sad News

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no, I’m so very sorry for your loss of Buddy. :sorrow: You are an awesome bird caregiver, and I don’t think anyone here on A.A. would ever question that. I’m so glad that Buddy was with you at the end, but how shocking for you. I love the name of the play area, and I’m glad Tau is not in danger of catching anything.
:sadhug2:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
upload_2019-7-24_21-54-7.png :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'm so sorry for your loss.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
If there is a good way to die........ Because there really isn't......... That would be the way. Living life. Poof and your gone. :hug8:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry for your loss.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
so sorry you lost Buddy :(

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Oh no. I am so sorry Linden.

This has been a tough bird year for you. I empathise with that. I made the mistake of taking on reject chicken chicks last season. I passed at 3 days old..one at 7weeks.. they all had deformaties I had one from the batch make it and she has scoliosis and her life brings with it unique concerns and complications. We can do all the good we can, but we can't control nature.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: One can only do so much when they take in a rescue or a rehome. You have no control over their past and how it might catch up to them is the future. You can only provide them with the best possible care you can give them. Which i have no doubt you did. Noone should blame for that. Especially since you went a godsend for the too often forgotten birds:sadhug2:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am deeply sorry for your loss, Linden.

Wings Forever High, Buddy...

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh no, I am so sorry. Just a baby still and so unexpected. :sadhug2: But I am hearing of this genetic component or young babies that have had the right diet all along pop up with it. You were her forever home. Wings high little peep...

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry but Buddy was safe and happily hanging out with you at the end knowing she was safe and loved. you can't ask for much more:sadhug:

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry. It was clear that you and Buddy had a wonderful friendship, and that she trusted you very much.

You've given hope to so many little rescue birds, many of whom haven't been treated well or kindly. They came to you with so many underlying health issues; we all know that you've tried your absolute best, but so often you can't fix the damage caused by thoughtless breeding or years of poor care. Even though they've been with you for such a short space of time, you've given these little ones so much care and love that they otherwise would never have experienced.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
I'm so sorry. It was clear that you and Buddy had a wonderful friendship, and that she trusted you very much.

You've given hope to so many little rescue birds, many of whom haven't been treated well or kindly. They came to you with so many underlying health issues; we all know that you've tried your absolute best, but so often you can't fix the damage caused by thoughtless breeding or years of poor care. Even though they've been with you for such a short space of time, you've given these little ones so much care and love that they otherwise would never have experienced.
Very well said!

Poundkitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
On Monday Buddy passed away. She'd been busy buzzing me then had a bath. She was preening on my hand when she just fell off. By the time I'd picked her up she'd stopped breathing. CPR didn't help.
I've been sat here analysing everything, searching for a reason. No matter how hard I tried I found nothing, but I still feel bad about it.
This afternoon I got the awaited email from my vet.
Cause of death: Sudden death due to Atherosclerosis. She could have had either a heart attack or a stroke, but it doesn't matter which. Ultimately she was killed by her arteries.
I'm gutted. She was only a couple of years old, but apparently in rare cases some parrots are genetically prone. I was also relieved (does that sound wrong?), she died quickly and Tau is safe from anything threatening.
The diagnosis was hardly a surprise, my uncle was a heavy smoker, she ate loads of peanuts and sunflower seeds, and she hardly had any wing time.
She's in heaven now, we'll continue our friendship when I join her. I have so many great memories and photos from our short time together.

It was a real struggle bringing myself to post this. Not only did I analyse myself and the past few years but I'm also expecting some of you to do the same. I know some members will have their doubts after I lose so many young birds in the time I've been here. That's their head and they should deal with it.
In Buddy's honour I've renamed the play area 'The Sid and Buddy Memorial Park'.
I am so sorry for your loss. I recently experienced a sudden death with a rescue bird and its hard not to question yourself BUT we simply cannot control everything and just have to keep doing the best we can; and as humans we are much more flawed than our feathered companions.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I am so sorry for your loss. I recently experienced a sudden death with a rescue bird and its hard not to question yourself BUT we simply cannot control everything and just have to keep doing the best we can; and as humans we are much more flawed than our feathered companions.
Thank you.
It's been a hard couple of years but I won't give up. Lots of challenges, plenty of heartbreak. But I have a young fella with me now (Roger) who besides his own small issues is getting all my attention, and is thriving on it.