• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sad News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so very sorry for your loss...run free little Sam run free.:hug8:

senorabarb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
I'm sorry that it was Sam's time to leave. Run free, little one.

linus69

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Paul
I would like to thank all those who took the time to express their condolences and kind thoughts and prayers for our beloved Sam, it definitely is a comfort to read them. Paul

Last edited:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
he was blessed to be in your family and you were blessed to have him

:hug8:

linus69

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Well it seems our Sam`s battle with cancer was just a preliminary bout for our family. My brides yearly mammogram late Feb. turned up the worst and now we were dealing with the main bout.
Needless to say it was a real rough time and it was compounded by Sam`s loss, my other three dogs were still off balance and my Bichon who was running with Sam on the streets with as strays when we adopted them both was actually developing health issues he was so sad.
I had contacted a breeder about a pup but my wife was not up to it at all, but I kept in touch with the breeder who was a very sweet woman.
Home
I had told her that if she heard about any adult females who needed a home to keep us in mind.
I called her a couple of weeks ago and she said she one of her "moms" that had just turned 4 on April 9th and was being retired.
The wife was adamantly against it until I showed her a picture of the dog at which time she teared up and asked if we could go that night to get her.
We were finally able to go get her a few days later and my wife picked her up and that was that, she loved the car ride home and we were able to walk her right into the house wearing one of Sam`s shirts. Between the shirt and the resemblance my other three dogs greeted her like Sam was home from a long trip, it was nothing short of amazing, of course my two males soon figured out something was different but they don`t seem to mind it a bit.
My Bichon started to smile again almost immediately and is acting normal again, my old female Maltese lays with her all the time as she had done with Sam. The new one`s name is Monnie which was the breeders shortening of Monster Mash her breeding name.
My wife`s just loves her and she has been the best medicine for my wifes post surgical recovery, once again it seems that I have had a prayer answered, I`m gonna have to start going to church if this keeps up.

Paul

Paniolodave

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dave
I am so sorry for your loss. Know that your baby is looking down on you and watching over you.

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Congrats on the new dog. Glad to hear she's worked out so well in your home. Hope things continue to get better for you and the bad is all over.

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
That is so sweet.... sounds like she is an angel sent to your family to help you all through such hard times.....HUGS to your wife.........

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
all my best for your wife's recovery!! Monnie sure is pretty!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im so sorry to hear of your loss, as the owner of 4 Shih-Tzu's this sad news really hit me. Your new baby is beautiful,I hope that she is able to get you through this tough time.

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
I'm sorry.

linus69

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Thankyou All for your kind words,
Here is a dose of Monnie medicine being administered to the patient.

Paul

senorabarb

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
It does seem like Monnie has come into your life purposely. My best to your wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.