• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sad, my prized boy has a tumor ** GREAT NEWS! Pathology UPDATE**

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor guy. Do you think he's feeling more comfortable now that the drains are out?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Poor guy. Do you think he's feeling more comfortable now that the drains are out?
He might be. I was up at 6 and out by 8. I found peroxide at the grocery store, finally! I have been cleaning the area a few times a day. The center of the incision is weeping a bit.

As I was typing the vet called me so she wants to see him and see the incision so I am on my way to get him checked.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I just got back not long ago. I sent her a picture of him to show he looks good from the front, can't see his bald spot lol!

Then she was like "you are getting creative with your boredom lol"

I sent the incision picture, told her I removed the drain. She called me and wanted me to bring him by. Mind you, they closed on Friday.

The staff is too big to have them stand around. She's paying them during this pandemic. 27 employees and 6 other Vets besides her and a 7th coming in June!

So even though she was closed, in I went. She was still working tons of email, phone was ringing while I was there. Anyway, she saw in the picture the center that looked concerning.

She cleaned him up, the incision area and wanted him to go on an antibiotic as a precautionary measure.

I went to pay her for the meds, she was like we are closed, don't worry about it! I was pretty much like wow!

Nice to call your biz acquaintance a Friend and your new Vet! As soon as this is over, I will send her something like a plant arrangement or something. 20200331_152213.jpg

The before all crusty and scabby barf

Here's the after she de-scabbed the area :) 20200331_173620.jpg
Alot cleaner now. I am SO thankful to have her in my life. That I chose to call her to help us. Sometimes we have to let our guard down and cross that line of calling her my Customer, well she still is as long as I am with VZW. ;)

Last edited:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
The incision looks good. most of that crusty stuff is dried plasma … part of the healing process
I'm anxious to learn what the biospsy reveals.
Good to know. She was concerned at the center of the incision where fluid was weeping from it. She was like come on, so I went. They are not open, but the Hospital is next door to her home and large property. They used to Farm and still keep Angus cows, donkeys lol

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Good to know. She was concerned at the center of the incision where fluid was weeping from it. She was like come on, so I went. They are not open, but the Hospital is next door to her home and large property. They used to Farm and still keep Angus cows, donkeys lol
You are most fortunate to have a veterinarian/ customer during this difficult time.
I'm sure your association will blossom :xflove:
It's times like this, we have to take a step back and have gratitude for the small and great things in our life...

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
The incision looks good. most of that crusty stuff is dried plasma … part of the healing process
I'm anxious to learn what the biospsy reveals.
You and me both! I hope to read all margins around the mass a clear! I am hoping we hear this week.
You are most fortunate to have a veterinarian/ customer during this difficult time.
I'm sure your association will blossom :xflove:
It's times like this, we have to take a step back and have gratitude for the small and great things in our life...
AMEN! To this. Aside from Kazoo Bird, I do have a FT job. She has been a follower of mine for 12 plus years. If she needs something, I am always available. We have a good convo when we chat, I see her once a year but speak occasionally during the year.

I am very comfortable around her. Never afraid to ask anything. She's comfortable with me as well. When I felt lost and was like who do I call, this tumor had to go now with all the places closing she really didnt pop in my head, then all of a sudden did!

I count my lucky stars to really have her get us in with a day of her finding out. BLESSED is more like it.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
When I felt lost and was like who do I call, this tumor had to go now with all the places closing she really didnt pop in my head, then all of a sudden did!

I count my lucky stars to really have her get us in with a day of her finding out. BLESSED is more like it.
Amazing. This is what I call a God thing!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Amazing. This is what I call a God thing!
Absolutely! I believe, never felt odd reaching out to her.

I will share with you the respect it seems of how she feels about me. The day I dropped him off for surgery. she came right out to greet me to get Cappy. I was able to go inside. Even though most places are meeting in the parking lot.

Not me, was told to come in. :)

Funny as the Girl at the desk was asking me our info, Maria was talking to me and the poor Girl at the counter was like uh.....

Every call was made by her cell to my cell. When I went to pick him up, I went in the double door. Immediately. the staff at the counter maybe 4 or 5 were like "you can't come in here, call the # on the door".

I was like I was in here in the morning. I am here for Cappy the Sheltie, and Maria called me.

So I'm outside, the Girl at the counter calls me. She takes payment over the phone. Maria calls me lol an says come to the side of the building Cappy was still kind of zonked.

She brings me in to the employee area and the Staff ones who were you can't come in were back there probably all like WTF and it was priceless.

Maria owns the place, I felt like a very important guest and met her partner in the business another warm and nice, Guy.

Good times, hopefully her staff gets over this lol sometimes you just don't know when a client is a client or a Friend ;)

Last edited:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
We go back to the Vet tomorrow. They are still closed, but I am meeting her there.

She will look at this incision line. There is still a funny area, with a little hole almost. Not sure why it gets all scabby looking, but it's far from a clean, line.

I'll update tomorrow. I asked if she got the path back yet. Maybe not, wish I knew what to report said. Unless she has it and like most Doc's do, talk to you in Person about them.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Glad he is doing better Claire, for some reason I am not getting notifications for updates.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Fingers crossed for you and Cappy!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Well this incision area is healing in a tough way. Her partner was there as well. The sutures were removed, the area is trying to heal.

They wanted to anesthetize him to re-suture, but he ate this morning. So he cleaned it really well, used a local anesthetic and re-stapled the area.

We have another 10 days of antibiotics. Still haven't heard back on the pathology. She will check with the lab today.

So now we watch this area as it heals and holds. I am SO happy to be home with him.

If this doesn't work out, he will go back for the sutures, and have 2 stents put in to relieve the pulling on the area since there isn't alot of skin and fat in this area.

Fingers crossed that this is all that has to be done!
All clean again.
20200408_112645.jpg
Before we went pic from yesterday below
20200407_145436.jpg
This has been 14 days. It is a very tough area, and also the space where the tumor was. Ugh. :( sorry for the gross pictures. I just hope this heals quickly!

Last edited:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Poor guy :( I hope he continues to heal and that when you hear back from the lab it's good news

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Poor guy :( I hope he continues to heal and that when you hear back from the lab it's good news
Me too! NCSU called last week to cancel the appt. But they do want the path report.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Blessed to have vets that care.
I am, nice to be able to go in while they are closed. Three Vets were there. All casual dress since they technically aren't open. But they have alot of scripts to answer with the online pharmacy. Her Cousin was even there getting sub Q fluids for an old cat.

Absolutley blessed! I was leaving and I thanked Dr. Meloche, he was like no, Paul.

I said okay thank you Dr. Paul. :)

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Collie’s (not sure if they are called like that in US) are amongst the smartest, and sweetest of dogs in my book!

its heartbreaking to see them in trouble, i hope you both will be okay :heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Collie’s (not sure if they are called like that in US) are amongst the smartest, and sweetest of dogs in my book!

its heartbreaking to see them in trouble, i hope you both will be okay :heart:
Thank you! He's a Shetland Sheepdog. Referred as miniature Collies, they truly are their own breed. But I love them both!

Thank you for the kind words!