• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sad, my prized boy has a tumor ** GREAT NEWS! Pathology UPDATE**

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
This sounds unbelievably encouraging!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Best news ever!!!!!!!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:cheer:That’s great news!!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
You all don't know how this had been weighing heavily on me!

I am beyond happy and feeling so blessed!

His incision today. We just need his hair to grow back!

Bath Friday for my sweetheart :)

20200422_134638.jpg

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
You all don't know how this had been weighing heavily on me!

I am beyond happy and feeling so blessed!

His incision today. We just need his hair to grow back!

Bath Friday for my sweetheart :)

View attachment 334948
We could all feel your pain through this:(
I am so very happy to read this update! Tonight you should have a celebratory drink and finally relax. Your baby is better, everything is right with the world :heart::heart::heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
This sounds unbelievably encouraging!
You simply have no idea how truly blessed we are!
:flowgdnc::flowgdnc::flowgdnc::yah::flowgdnc::flowgdnc::flowgdnc:
WONDERFULL NEWS
Thank you! And yes, just wonderful!
Best news ever!!!!!!!
I'm truly elated, and spoiling my sweet monkey nugget!
I almost wanted to stop and get him a burger at McDs!
:cheer:That’s great news!!
Thank you, indeed!
We could all feel your pain through this:(
I am so very happy to read this update! Tonight you should have a celebratory drink and finally relax. Your baby is better, everything is right with the world :heart::heart::heart:
Thank you for your deep understanding of how this had affected me. Helpless in one realm, pained with the issue of the re-stapling thr incision and not knowing what cancer it was for weeks!
Everyone is stressed out over everything going south right now so finding out your boy is going to be fine has to be a big weight off your shoulders:bliss::grouphug:
As if times aren't tough for all! Added stress surely sucks! Hope you are well!

Last edited:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I thought about you today and how fortunate for Cappy to have such a good diagnosis. A friend I haven't spoken to for quite some time called today. She's had four shelties, the first one ( a merle) lived quite some time and eventually had to be put down for health problems I can't remember anymore. The second one was a beautiful sable she named 'Sailor', who developed cancer around age 9, she went the rounds of driving to Charleston for months for chemo for him. Poor guy really had a tough time. While he was still living his last year she and her partner took in a 3 or 4 year old small sable sheltie that needed a home after being convinced by a vet tech she knew. He was a shy guy named 'Gordie'. After Sailor's loss they decided Gordie needed a support companion and adopted an older female. A bit more than a year ago the older female had gone blind, her dad was staying with her and forgot to close a door and she got out to the back yard and drowned in the pool. She and her partner weren't home for help... a truly tragic event. Just before the covid hit here, she and her partner took a mini vacation and had a neighbor who has watched over animals for other neighbors and seemed to be reliable. They've always had someone stay at the house to take care of their pets. So sad to say, the lady had gone over in the afternoon around 4 to let Gordie out and forgot about him. She went back around 10:00 pm and found him in the pool. They are just devastated. I can't even begin to imagine to have such a trauma happen twice. Awful....

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I thought about you today and how fortunate for Cappy to have such a good diagnosis. A friend I haven't spoken to for quite some time called today. She's had four shelties, the first one ( a merle) lived quite some time and eventually had to be put down for health problems I can't remember anymore. The second one was a beautiful sable she named 'Sailor', who developed cancer around age 9, she went the rounds of driving to Charleston for months for chemo for him. Poor guy really had a tough time. While he was still living his last year she and her partner took in a 3 or 4 year old small sable sheltie that needed a home after being convinced by a vet tech she knew. He was a shy guy named 'Gordie'. After Sailor's loss they decided Gordie needed a support companion and adopted an older female. A bit more than a year ago the older female had gone blind, her dad was staying with her and forgot to close a door and she got out to the back yard and drowned in the pool. She and her partner weren't home for help... a truly tragic event. Just before the covid hit here, she and her partner took a mini vacation and had a neighbor who has watched over animals for other neighbors and seemed to be reliable. They've always had someone stay at the house to take care of their pets. So sad to say, the lady had gone over in the afternoon around 4 to let Gordie out and forgot about him. She went back around 10:00 pm and found him in the pool. They are just devastated. I can't even begin to imagine to have such a trauma happen twice. Awful....
OMG!!! that is just horrible to lose your pets to such a terrible, frightening accident. I am telling you, even that dogs who can swim by instinct we all think right?

Yes and no. I watched one time one of my heavily coated shelties at Rhondas house and pool. I was right there. Their profuse coat is like being in a pool with clothes on. It was so heavy, I am sure they tire and drown.

I believe in the netting safety guards around pools. They are a must in FL before any house an get a cert of occupancy.

Wow, and yes we are very lucky. Very fortunate that this time luck was on my side! I haven't had Cappy long enough to just give up. Even though he was recycled lol to me, he's my boy!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thank you for thinking of us! :heart: he's my happy little guy! And I am relishing this time at home with all of my dogs, my one cat and my birdies!

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is such great news, and I'm so happy to see how well he's healing! A special treat for Cappy tonight :)

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
1587643895318.png

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
OMG!!! that is just horrible to lose your pets to such a terrible, frightening accident. I am telling you, even that dogs who can swim by instinct we all think right?

Yes and no. I watched one time one of my heavily coated shelties at Rhondas house and pool. I was right there. Their profuse coat is like being in a pool with clothes on. It was so heavy, I am sure they tire and drown.

I believe in the netting safety guards around pools. They are a must in FL before any house an get a cert of occupancy.

Wow, and yes we are very lucky. Very fortunate that this time luck was on my side! I haven't had Cappy long enough to just give up. Even though he was recycled lol to me, he's my boy!
Knowing my friend well, and having worked with her years ago ( she's a professional photographer), she's an anal retentive person. This would never have happened on her watch. It's unfortunate both of those dogs died because of other people. After the loss of the first one I would agree in that she should have had a guard fence around the border of the pool. She said numerous times she had gotten after the pool maintenance guy to keep the pool furniture away from the edge of the pool and sure enough, a couple of the lounge chairs were out of place when they returned home. Gordie's habit was to circle the pool as you know herding dogs do before coming back in the house. Those chairs out of place must have changed his path. Gordie had an extremely thick coat and I remember him being on the tubby side of weight, he was 15 years old. My thoughts go to such an ugly place as I'm sure it does for them. She said she will never have another sheltie, her breed of choice for so many years. A really bad year for them, her partners mother died a month ago too, and now all this weirdness with covid.

So, to get away from all this bad news, the stars were lined up when you found Cappy as they were for him to have you give him the most loving home. It sure took a long time to get the results, luck?... no... all the love and prayers, the angel of a veterinarian, and you - his devoted guardian are all why Cappy will thrive in happiness. Big hug and a tasty biscuit for your special guy!!!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Knowing my friend well, and having worked with her years ago ( she's a professional photographer), she's an anal retentive person. This would never have happened on her watch. It's unfortunate both of those dogs died because of other people. After the loss of the first one I would agree in that she should have had a guard fence around the border of the pool. She said numerous times she had gotten after the pool maintenance guy to keep the pool furniture away from the edge of the pool and sure enough, a couple of the lounge chairs were out of place when they returned home. Gordie's habit was to circle the pool as you know herding dogs do before coming back in the house. Those chairs out of place must have changed his path. Gordie had an extremely thick coat and I remember him being on the tubby side of weight, he was 15 years old. My thoughts go to such an ugly place as I'm sure it does for them. She said she will never have another sheltie, her breed of choice for so many years. A really bad year for them, her partners mother died a month ago too, and now all this weirdness with covid.

So, to get away from all this bad news, the stars were lined up when you found Cappy as they were for him to have you give him the most loving home. It sure took a long time to get the results, luck?... no... all the love and prayers, the angel of a veterinarian, and you - his devoted guardian are all why Cappy will thrive in happiness. Big hug and a tasty biscuit for your special guy!!!
This is so sad about your Friend. Such terrible losses! Maybe ditch the stupid pool!

The results were back 3/31! The lab sent them to ger other email. With then being closed, I am sure that was an issue!.

Well the wait sucked, but sometimes good news is worth waiting for. She's been going in, for some cases. She's had to go in for some euthanasia cases and a few others. To me, she rocks!

That's what it's about. They aren't fully open to walk ins and any nonsense like a rabies vaccine. But necessary and sick clients yes.

She says just driving up when I got there. I like the backend Personal feeling and I know she would be just a text away.

Of course the ER I would use after hours since it is less the 4 miles from us.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
This is so sad about your Friend. Such terrible losses! Maybe ditch the stupid pool!

The results were back 3/31! The lab sent them to ger other email. With then being closed, I am sure that was an issue!.

Well the wait sucked, but sometimes good news is worth waiting for. She's been going in, for some cases. She's had to go in for some euthanasia cases and a few others. To me, she rocks!

That's what it's about. They aren't fully open to walk ins and any nonsense like a rabies vaccine. But necessary and sick clients yes.

She says just driving up when I got there. I like the backend Personal feeling and I know she would be just a text away.

Of course the ER I would use after hours since it is less the 4 miles from us.
I hear ya.. it's a large in ground pool. I have no idea what they'll do but my guess is they'll keep it since there are no dogs now. Though, she did say she doesn't know if either one of them could enjoy the pool anymore with what's happened. It'll be a long lasting effect for sure.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I hear ya.. it's a large in ground pool. I have no idea what they'll do but my guess is they'll keep it since there are no dogs now. Though, she did say she doesn't know if either one of them could enjoy the pool anymore with what's happened. It'll be a long lasting effect for sure.
I didn't realize it was in ground. I feel so bad for them! It should have never happened at all, once oh my god and twice just tragic!!

I wish I could high your Friend!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I didn't realize it was in ground. I feel so bad for them! It should have never happened at all, once oh my god and twice just tragic!!

I wish I could high your Friend!
I can't help but wonder how the lady looking after him feels. She was not able to get him out of the pool and had to find another person to help her. I'm sure she feels traumatized as well. It was the first time my friend used her, normally she has a vet tech friend that will stay in the house with her pets.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I can't help but wonder how the lady looking after him feels. She was not able to get him out of the pool and had to find another person to help her. I'm sure she feels traumatized as well. It was the first time my friend used her, normally she has a vet tech friend that will stay in the house with her pets.
I can't imagine anyone not being normal again after that! I am sure a haunting sight burned forever in your memory.

Simply avoidable! My dogs go out with me. I am fenced in, and I still watch them.