• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sad, my prized boy has a tumor ** GREAT NEWS! Pathology UPDATE**

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I can't imagine anyone not being normal again after that! I am sure a haunting sight burned forever in your memory.

Simply avoidable! My dogs go out with me. I am fenced in, and I still watch them.
Same here but I don't have a fence. My dogs are always on a leash and I stand close by. Brings back an old memory of Jesse, my standard poodle... he had the weirdest color poop one day. An hour later, the light bulb in my brain went off... THAT'S IT!!!!! I looked for two days for two twenty dollar bills on my desk in the bed room. He stole those two bills, and ATE them! I picked his poop apart with twigs, one bill was whole with no tears, the other was in three neat strips no holes. I hosed them off, dried them in the sun... bagged them and took them to the bank to exchange for two new twenties ( yes, they'll do that). The teller looked at the bills in the baggie and said.. "Oh my, what happened to these?!" The color of the money was really off from digestive juices and you know what... I said.."They were recycled." Then she started to open the bag. I said "NO! don't open the bag! My dog ate them and recycled them!" The look - was priceless. And I marched out of the bank with two brand new crisp twenties. How sweet is that!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I remember that story! Mine have never eaten money thankful, not really anything.

I am pretty good about the puppy proof house even with all adults.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I remember that story! Mine have never eaten money thankful, not really anything.

I am pretty good about the puppy proof house even with all adults.
Really... who could forget the "making change" poop story! :laughin:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Really... who could forget the "making change" poop story! :laughin:
Nobody! This is surely an absolute first for me! The tellers face had to be a cross of wtf and barf :wideyed::wtf::laughing2:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Nobody! This is surely an absolute first for me! The tellers face had to be a cross of wtf and barf :wideyed::wtf::laughing2:
I'm getting forgetful in my early senior years.... the sock story was really the grossest event ever... and of course involved Jesse... eater of all things that don't belong in a dog. He missed the boat in smarts... ( failed obedience class too)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
:laugh-bounce: :laugh-bounce: :laugh-bounce: :laugh-bounce: :laugh-bounce: :laugh-bounce::laugh-bounce: This is very encouraging! Hooray! Cappy’s incision looks great! :heart:
Yes! Very good news. I am so happy he's going to be with me alot longer!

The incision is really just about all set. We just need that shiny coat to cover the scar! Here is the incision, I have been wiping the area clean daily to get rid of any scaling.

20200422_134638.jpg

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
The day NCSU called to cancel the consult on 4/7 I told them we had the tumor removed. They still told me to send in the pathology report.

Since I had screen shots off Maria's laptop, I sent them last night.

They called this morning. The Dr. left a mesage. I emailed back since the # was restricted. We have a call today at 4.

I am happy that they are still following up with me. Hopeful this call really puts my mind to rest for good!

I will ask him about ketogenic diets and his thoughts.

Well, I have to say that I truly love this Veterinary College! The professionalism there simply cannot be beat, and this Dr. is working from home.

Again, feeling blessed!

Our incision line, please hair grow in long again and hide the evidence of the demon!
20200505_114057.jpg
20200424_143205.jpg
I do look good from the side tho!

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He healed incredibly well! So happy things are looking bright for your precious one.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
He healed incredibly well! So happy things are looking bright for your precious one.
Yes, considering how gross it got within the first week. And then having to go get the area re-stapled.

I just wish the hair comes in again fast! Getting cooked eggs a few times a week with his food. Need those extra B vitamins!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
The Vet from NCSU called. We had a nice chat. She wants me to send her the grade of the tumor if we can find out from the Lab. And also the bilateral xray that was taken.

Follow up radiation, I am not going to do. She said benign care, we watch incase of any recurrence.

So I am going with we got it and happy life!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
All great news! I don't know if they still do this but so many years back when we took Jesse to have his cataracts removed and new lenses put in they had a nice lady door greeter who welcomed us in and offered us a cup of coffee. What other veterinary clinic does this? None that I know of. It was like walking into a people medical clinic... very nice!