• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Hello, Yesterday there was a sad matter happen to birds. I am very worried. My close friend give his budgies zinc supplement in drinking water. I also use it too. After, he gave it to birds they are died in few moments. From yesterday, I heard that same matter happen to many birds owner. I use zinc supplement, multivitamin, calcium provide to budgies and my other birds for fulfill nutrition. After this matter, we heard that zinc supplement is toxin for birds. Is that true??? We are afraid after know it because we use many supplements. I heard a matter today " Recently published from association of global avian veterinarian zinc is highly toxin for bird.. If this is true. Then is there more elements which toxin for birds?? We don't have any specially avian supplement, we use poultry supplements. Also with poultry supplements which food I use to fulfill their nutrition. Thanks

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Honey, stop using Zinc immediately, your better off, if you can.. getting NEKTON bio, maybe online or thru AMAZON..its a probiotic for birds, my vet in the USA recommends it.. maybe other members have some insight for you..BUMP!

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Honey, stop using Zinc immediately, your better off, if you can.. getting NEKTON bio, maybe online or thru AMAZON..its a probiotic for birds, my vet in the USA recommends it.. maybe other members have some insight for you..BUMP!
our country mo special avian vitamin supplements are not available.here commpn one supplement for poultry.i show it. Can any harmfull element in this product. Please told me. I mean its safe for birds? Thanks.

Attachments

AmyJas

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amy
Zinc is also poisonous to humans.

Read through this section for ideas on what to feed.
Enrichment and Foraging Park | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum
I wouldn't call zinc "poisonous." It is essential to our diets, and to that of birds as well. But it is VERY easy to overdose. You can overdose with any vitamin really, so it is essential that you find the correct bird-friendly dosage for any vitamin you give your bird. Better to give less than more. I would compare dosages of avian multivitamins online that are appropriate for your species of bird.

Reactions: tka

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
our country mo special avian vitamin supplements are not available.here commpn one supplement for poultry.i show it. Can any harmfull element in this product. Please told me. I mean its safe for birds? Thanks.
Not sure of that product, but if your babies eat a well balanced diet , then you need not worry, just dont use any supplement without research or asking the vet, maybe, a local rescue or breeder can help also..