• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Runt peep peep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jally

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
So, my dd got some chicks last Saturday. She got 6, but one passed away. Now, the smallest of the 5 has been acting sick for awhile so I separated her from the rest of them, got her on heat, keeping her in the quiet, making sure she has plenty of food and water. I even bought her some electrolytes to put in her water to help her. She's so tiny (although she is growing) and sleepy all the time, but eats like a champ and drinks her water just fine and peeps a lot. What else can I do?

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
I have no idea. She got 2 different kinds, but she knows what they are. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
A little update on the littlest peep peep. :) She's doing really well. I guess maybe she just needed some extra time to grow. But, I think we're going to have the tamest chicken ever. Unless she thinks she's a parrot, cause she gets extremely loud at night, or maybe she's just fighting to get a word in edgewise. :lol:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Sherry, hope the little one is still going well. :)

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Thanks Renae, she is doing really well. My daughter and my husband built a little chicken coop for the chickens. They've been outside 24/7 now since last weekend. Miss Lilly, the littlest peep is outside during the day, but then comes in for the night at around 7. Her and my daughter have some one on one time for a few hours then Lilly goes to bed in her crate. She's a very happy peep peep. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.