• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ruby's First Vet Trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jess
Hi There,

Well, as Ruby is now a big girl and looking nothing like a baby anymore i thought it was about time she had a check up with my avian vet. She's the first bird i've handreared and i want to make sure i didnt mess anything up :huh:

Anyway, Ruby was a madam!! :hehe: Didnt bite or anything but screeched at him while he examined her :lol:As soon as he let go of her she flew up onto his shoulder though, silly girl! :rolleyes: BUT, good news! Apparently Ruby is in perfect health! He said she is very well muscled for such a young bird (thats all the flying she does!!) and that she is feather perfect :D He even put on the examination notes "First bird owner has hand reared, she has done a brilliant job" :dancing::lol: Im so pleased!!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That is great news!!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
that is fantastic news thanks for sharing

Cydney

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cydney
Great news! You've done a good job with your Ruby girl!

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
That is fabulous news, I love Rudy, I would love to see how she compares to my rainbow lory behavior wise. :)

Jess

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jess
Thanks everyone!! I have been worried sick that i would do something wrong!!lol

Ruby is pretty similar to the rainbow i had. She is a complete clown - like a big baby!! She is possibly more affectionate, but then Joey was (im told) a wild caught bird and was very independant. She has a fantastic talking ability,, she's only 4 months and already says about 6 or 7 words and links them together so that they actually make sense!! amazing!

In a word... She's perfect!!

I have finally found my camera so will get some nice pics of her tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.