• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Roxy is infatuated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justina

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Justina
With my dog *sigh*

The dogs keep their distance for the most part, but I still don't trust them. So, when Roxy is out I don't allow them in her room. Sometimes I will put up a fence if I am hanging out in Roxy's room, so that they can't get in but I still know what they are doing.

So I was sitting with Roxy and she sees my dog on the other side of the fence and she flies to him :faint: While she was flying I firmly said "Roxy, NO" and she did a 180. While I was running to shut the door she kept circling back to him trying to get close.

Roxy barely flies, when she does it's from me to her cage. That's why I thought I was okay with the fence, not so much.

I don't understand why she is so interested in the dog now. He's been around for months. Yet when she sees him walk by her cage she gets all excited and runs to get as close as she can.

This little incident has definitely taught me that I'm not being as careful as I should be. From now on, there is to be solid doors between the dogs and Roxy while she is out. I am very lucky nothing bad happened.

Last edited:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
What a good girl Roxy was to turn around when you called out to her. So glad nothing happened and a good lesson for us all. :hug8:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is good that she is such a good listener!

Matt

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm glad nothing happened to her.Good reminder for us all with dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.