• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Roudybush or Zupreem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morghen

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Morghen
I've been feeding Frodo and Maghee Natural Zupreem. I found a better deal on the Roudybush and I was wondering which brand is better for them? I have no problem buying Zupreem, even if it is more expensive, if it is better for them.

If Roudybush is better, what size do you feed your conures? I feed them small parrot/conure size Zupreem right now.

Any information would be helpful!:)

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter
I use both. I mix them up each day between Roudybush, Wild & Spicy Zupreem, Harvest Feast Zupreem, & natural colored Zupreem. They love their mix of goodies. :)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I use both of those together as well as harrisons. Squeeky gets mix of the three.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
I leave the Zupreen in their cages to munch on, and I take the Roudybush crumbled pellets and add hot water to it to make it a mush, and add soft veggies like broccoli and sweet potato and give it to them at dinner as a comfort food with a spoon!. They can't wait to get their warm mush every night.

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter
I leave the Zupreen in their cages to munch on, and I take the Roudybush crumbled pellets and add hot water to it to make it a mush, and add soft veggies like broccoli and sweet potato and give it to them at dinner as a comfort food with a spoon!. They can't wait to get their warm mush every night.
Ooh, I may have to try that Monica! Thanks for the idea!

Morghen

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Morghen
Thanks everyone.

Do your birds prefer one kind over the other, though?

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
My birds prefer zupreem over roudybush, but I feed them both. Just buy a small bag first and see if they like it. If you find that they do, then buy the bigger bag. It's really all a matter of the bird's preference.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I also feed them both...I feed the medium sized to all my birds. The conures definitely prefer the zupreem though.

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Squeeky prefers the Zupreem over the others.

Morghen

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Morghen
Thanks. I have a small bag of Roudybush right now. I just have to find it lol. I'll try it out and then decide.

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Mine will only eat the Roudybush if I turn it into mush, and spoon feed it. Sam Mealy came to me eating an all-seed diet, and the mush was the only way I could get him to eat any pellets at all. Now he gobbles down the mush like a baby every night. He's also started to eat veggies since he's gotten used to the taste of them, since I sneak it into his mush.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
I don't mix so I think Im going to try that. Im just nervous they will choose one over the other and just eat one, what is everyone’s experience with that? Do they eat both when mixed?

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
My birds eat the food they like the most first and then eat whatever's left later ;)

cnmngrl

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jo
With a spoon! We spoil our birds don't we. A lot of folks do a soft mush and my girls just don't seem to care for it. They will occasionally eat oatmeal off my spoon but have no interest in a warm mush. Hmm, perhaps if I fed it to them on a spoon :)

Hay Kay

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
lol monica i love it! Okay i feed sunny - zupreem fruity (weaning off tho), zupreem natural, harrisons and top - right now she only gets top at night - she seems to prefer the natural Zupreem then the fruity (if she can find any) then harrisons - however these past days she's switching (HOORAY!) but she does it all of them

Felix really loves his harrisons and wont touch zupreem - iffy on Tops, and the fosters are always changing
So i think if you fed a mix but didn't over offer them they would eat both kinds!let us know how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.