• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rosifrons Female for pairing.

Ericmu17

Meeting neighbors
Hello I am a bird breeder from PA United States. I am currently collaborating with DR. Latoya Latney from the university of pennsylvania to diversify the species in the the US pet trade. We would purchase the female bird and in the case of non pairing compatibility we will keep the bird as a per on my part!.

Regards,
Eric Covert

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
No offense, but I'm genuinely curious; how will you be able to diversify the species if the female you're buying is already a part of the pet trade and has been bred by other breeders? Wouldn't you need wild-caught individuals in order to do that?

Ericmu17

Meeting neighbors
No offense taken, There were a couple dozen brought into the United States Via Texas undocumented and about 100 Adult birds VIA the Arizona border. Most of them became banded and and registered somehow. The herpatology/avian dept. at the university will do a liniage assurance Via DNA test.

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
No offense taken, There were a couple dozen brought into the United States Via Texas undocumented and about 100 Adult birds VIA the Arizona border. Most of them became banded and and registered somehow. The herpatology/avian dept. at the university will do a liniage assurance Via DNA test.
Oh! So there are potentially some out there from lineages that aren't too common or weren't banded and registered like the others? That's pretty neat, actually.