• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rosie Swing fans let me Know please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Merlie, you make me more and more excited that I didn't miss out on this deal. If I am happy with it, which I am sure I will be, I will just have to order more. AFter all, I do have 11 birds..they can't all share the same swing lol I also loved the looks of her many other toys.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Wow, thats good to know.
I want to order even more now and I haven't gotten my swing yet :)

I just wanted to add my "2 cents" on the Pont Levis swing.

I ordered one a few weeks ago when they were initially on sale .. I was a bit hesitant, as even on sale .. as we all know .. it is still not an inexpensive bird item, and being in the US, I knew shipping would be a bit higher than usual.

That being said, I can honestly say I have no clue how Jacqueline can offer these swings at that $49.99 price. I'm fairly handy .. will drills, saws, dremels, and love taking apart toys, redoing them, and figuring out how they were made and duplicating them myself.

There is no way to duplicate this swing for $49.99, truly, it is a masterpiece.

I'm a bit of a "bird toy snob", and hyper critical of designs and parts used. There usually aren't many toy makers that can impress me to be honest, but, Rosie Toys has blown me out of the water.

I'm fortunate enough to live in an area that has at least 1 or 2 bird fairs a month .. so I have the opportunity to examine a lot of "private" toy maker's wares, ranging from crazy expensive to ridiculously inexpensive. I have found that the old cliche "you get what you pay for" holds pretty true.

Rosie Toys ranks up there with the likes of ..
Grey Feather Toys
8 Beaks
Mother Pluckin'
TNT
Chopper's Boings
Avian Antics

I consider these places some of the finest resources for "hand made" type bird toys .. unique, quality parts, well thought out designs .. and of course .. "bird tested". I also consider the customer service/communication at all these shops <with one exception> to be excellent. Besides having great toys, customer service is something extremely important to me, I'd rather pay a little more for something, and know my business matters, than save a few cents and feel like nothing more than an invoice number or dollar sign.

I loved my Pont Levis swing so much .. I ordered another one, as well as some other Rosie toys.

Jacqueline has definitely earned a place in my "TOP 10" .. not only are her toys magnificent .. her customer service is flawless.

JMHO

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
question for those of you that have the swing....how does the rope that threads the swing together hold up to chewing? Is it sisal?
Wondering if my Rudy would gnaw through it.....
he hasn't been able to saw through 1/2" sisal. is it 1/2"?
that's a heck of a lot of wood if it came tumbling down:eek: :rofl:
Saemma was concerned about it for me having read about Rudy lol

Last edited:

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Saroj ..

It is sisal that is used to hold the swing together. It's at least 1/2" .. might even be 3/4".

With so much wood on this swing, there is very little exposed sisal, maybe about 5 inches or so at the top where it hangs from, but every there, Jacque has it tied in heavy knots and more wood.

I think you would be fine to be honest .. even if Rudy started to chew it .. you'd probably see the beginnings of chewing before the swing would fall.

With so many different types of chew wood on this swing .. I can't imagine a bird going for what little rope is exposed. I took a couple pics of the top of the swing so you can see a little closer.

JMHO

Attachments

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Saroj ..

It is sisal that is used to hold the swing together. It's at least 1/2" .. might even be 3/4".

With so much wood on this swing, there is very little exposed sisal, maybe about 5 inches or so at the top where it hangs from, but every there, Jacque has it tied in heavy knots and more wood.

I think you would be fine to be honest .. even if Rudy started to chew it .. you'd probably see the beginnings of chewing before the swing would fall.

With so many different types of chew wood on this swing .. I can't imagine a bird going for what little rope is exposed. I took a couple pics of the top of the swing so you can see a little closer.

JMHO
oh that looks SOLID and Rudy proof!!:dance4::dance4:
Thanks so much for the pics Merlie!:D

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I ordered one a few weeks ago when they were initially on sale .. I was a bit hesitant, as even on sale .. as we all know .. it is still not an inexpensive bird item, and being in the US, I knew shipping would be a bit higher than usual.

That being said, I can honestly say I have no clue how Jacqueline can offer these swings at that $49.99 price. I'm fairly handy .. will drills, saws, dremels, and love taking apart toys, redoing them, and figuring out how they were made and duplicating them myself.

I'm a bit of a "bird toy snob", and hyper critical of designs and parts used. There usually aren't many toy makers that can impress me to be honest, but, Rosie Toys has blown me out of the water.

I'm fortunate enough to live in an area that has at least 1 or 2 bird fairs a month .. so I have the opportunity to examine a lot of "private" toy maker's wares, ranging from crazy expensive to ridiculously inexpensive. I have found that the old cliche "you get what you pay for" holds pretty true.

Grey Feather Toys
8 Beaks
Mother Pluckin'
TNT
Chopper's Boings
Avian Antics

I consider these places some of the finest resources for "hand made" type bird toys .. unique, quality parts, well thought out designs .. and of course .. "bird tested". I also consider the customer service/communication at all these shops <with one exception> to be excellent. Besides having great toys, customer service is something extremely important to me, I'd rather pay a little more for something, and know my business matters, than save a few cents and feel like nothing more than an invoice number or dollar sign.

I loved my Pont Levis swing so much .. I ordered another one, as well as some other Rosie toys.

Jacqueline has definitely earned a place in my "TOP 10" .. not only are her toys magnificent .. her customer service is flawless.

JMHO
:omg: Wow!! YOur post had made me feel emotional. I couldn't have said any of this better myself.:hug8:
I think when Jacqueline reads this she is going to want to cry.
Your message has helped to convey what I've been trying to share with everybirdie here all along. I hope your message will assist others who have the interest in Rosie swings/toys to have the confidence to pay very low prices for TOP NOTCH design and quality to enrich the lives of their parrots. I am absolutely certain that none of you will regret it.:hug8:

Last edited:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
question for those of you that have the swing....how does the rope that threads the swing together hold up to chewing? Is it sisal?
Wondering if my Rudy would gnaw through it.....
he hasn't been able to saw through 1/2" sisal. is it 1/2"?
that's a heck of a lot of wood if it came tumbling down:eek: :rofl:
Saemma was concerned about it for me having read about Rudy lol

Saroj,
Natacha(Shade) has a bunch of Chewing Maniacs in her home and she jumped at the opportunity to buy this swing the 2nd chance she had. After having inspected the swing more closely and looking at my own 2 swings, I feel alot more confident about this swings standing up to Sir Rudy and his chewing superpowers.

I am confident that Natacha will be the first to receive her swing and will post AMAZING pictures :lol:to help put you mind at ease.:hug8:

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Saroj,
Natacha(Shade) has a bunch of Chewing Maniacs in her home and she jumped at the opportunity to buy this swing the 2nd chance she had. After having inspected the swing more closely and looking at my own 2 swing, I feel alot more confident about this swings standing up to Sir Rudy and his chewing superpowers.

I am confident that Natacha will be the first to receive her swing and will post AMAZING pictures :lol:to help put you mind at ease.:hug8:
that's ok. merlie already put my mind at ease :)
perhaps next time the fantastic sale happens:dance5::dance5:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just checked my email, no invoice yet...I guess I should expect it today!:dance4:
:confused: Leslie.. please check your Pm and respond asap.
thanks.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Phew.. It's ok Leslie. I have emailed Jacqueline re.. your Swing. She will be sending you the invoice sometime today and your swing will be shipped Promptly in the morning. Everything is packaged and ready to go.:)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

Grey Feather Toys
8 Beaks
Mother Pluckin'
TNT
Chopper's Boings
Avian Antics

JMHO
:omg: What a superb recommendation!!! :dance4: :dance4: :dance4:

I'm very happy that I didn't miss out on this swing thanks to Saemma doing all the ordering for me as a surprise since I was distracted from the board due to an illness in the family. Thank you again Saemma :hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You're very welcome Mrs. Rockocko.:hug8:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha

oh that looks SOLID and Rudy proof!!:dance4::dance4:
Thanks so much for the pics Merlie!:D

Haha..what a compliment! :)

Saroj,
Natacha(Shade) has a bunch of Chewing Maniacs in her home and she jumped at the opportunity to buy this swing the 2nd chance she had. After having inspected the swing more closely and looking at my own 2 swings, I feel alot more confident about this swings standing up to Sir Rudy and his chewing superpowers.

Crossing my fingers I get it tomorrow..in theory I should, depends on how fast our mailman is..

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Really? That fast? :dance4: Did you drill your hole yet?

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Really? That fast? :dance4: Did you drill your hole yet?
She said she sent it last Friday so technically, I should get it tomorrow or Tuesday.

No hole made yet...that might have to wait until next week end, but I might just move some stuff around and hang it on an existing hook or buy more chain and hang it from there, depending on the weight.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It will be interesting to see who is your most courageous and adventurous one.

Last edited:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
It will be interesting to see who is you most courageous and adventurous one.
I'm fairly sure that Joey will be the first one on it and because Joey can't possibly be more courageous than her, Zuri will most likely go on mere seconds after he does (although she will mostly likely not approach it if she doesn't see anyone else go on it :rolleyes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.