• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rosie and Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jamie
These are my little dogs .. Rosie (tan) and Carlos (black). I got them 3 years ago at the Humane Society in Corinth, Mississippi. They are very good dogs and well behaved. Rosie rarely makes any noise and the only problem I have from her is an occasional accident inside the house - I've always heard that Chihuahuas are difficult to house train so I feel pretty lucky.

Carlos will "sing" along with the birds from time to time. If you've watched many of the videos on my youtube channel you've probably heard him howling in the background of a few videos. hahaha

I don't know how they are. The people at the shelter told me Rosie was probably around 2 and Carlos was around 5 when I got them. She had been pregnant sometime before her last owners dropped her. She and Carlos got abandoned at the shelter along with a third chihuahua. He got adopted a week or so before I brought them home with me.

Rosie's weight has been an issue since the beginning. However, she is built larger than most chihuahuas. I've managed to slim her down a bit, but she could still lose another pound or two. Carlos is a good size and weighs about 7 pounds :D

Initially he was very very afraid and did not want me to touch him at all. However, over a period of about 2 months, he started getting friendlier and friendlier. Now he is quite cuddly with me, but still a little shy of strangers... I think that's pretty normal for chihuahuas also.

Attachments

Last edited:

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
haha yes, they are something else. Fortunately they totally ignore the birds- except for "foraging" in the bird room for whatever might be lying on the floor :D

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Awww cute doggies!!

Jess

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jess
Love the singing video!

Gorgeous dogs :)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Aww they are cute Jamie. We had a Chihuahua named Sam when we were kids. My Dad used to cook him hamburger everynight! UGH the things we didnt know about nutrition back then! Maybe he ate dog food too I dont remember but I do remember my Dad cooking him hamburger and I am sure it wasnt 93% lean!:rofl:

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
They are such cute little babies!!!!! :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
They gave me quite a laugh with their antics. They are adorable, Jamie. :D

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
They are so cute and funny.

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
I remember Rosie and Carlos! I'm so glad you introduced them. They are the cutest, the videos are great, after the first one was over I was so glad to see there were more!

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Aww. What cuties. Loved the singing.:D My FIL's chihuahua sings along with a little singing elephant. I think I have it on video somewhere.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
ahh, another chihuahua loverr! They're ADORABLE! and i agree, you are lucky with them, LOL! poppie and puck are house trained but have far too many accidents, and they are loouud. but who doesn't love a chihuahua?

aren't they smart?

Status
Not open for further replies.