• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rosewood Nature's Salad?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
After reading the ingredients and seeing how vague they are I went on to read some reviews and I personally would not feed this to my bird. It seems like there are a lot of bad reviews with it giving bunnies the runs, no full list of ingredients, bugs and a cigarette butt. I did not read past the cigarette butt review. Without a full list of ingredients I would not even consider it.

zhalice

Meeting neighbors
I found the full list of ingredients on this website-- I agree with what you have said above, but I believe that a lot of that may be because of Amazon's flawed facilities. I found this off of Chewy:

Oat Flakes, Wheat Flakes, Marigold (8.7%), Parsley, Red Beet, Alfalfa, Nettle (4.1%), Pea Flakes, Carrots, Dandelion (3.64%) Plantain, Wheat, Burst Wheat, Burst Maize, Edible Leaves, Cornflowers, Rose Petals, Peppermint (2.25%), Maize Flakes, Melissa, Red Clover.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wouldn't feed this to my bird. No nutritional information available and I suspect it's far too high in fibre for bird's digestive systems.

If your chop is wet, I would recommend adding some grains (hulled buckwheat and quinoa are in my current batch) and just slightly undercooking them. These will absorb some of the moisture. If your chop is very wet, it's worth revisting the ingredients and storage methods. You may wish to add very wet veg and fruit as you feed rather than adding them to the main chop mix.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
For wet chop I've added:

Pellet powder
Dry or undercooked grains (quinoa, rice, etc)
Rolled oats
Almond flour
Chia
Flax