• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rope net for budgies

Farfah

Walking the driveway
I'm thinking of DIYing a rope net using sisal for my two budgies and hanging it under my hanging cabinets.

Currently, they like to fly past the cabinets and into my kitchen so they can cling onto the fan grate above my stove. I never, never, never let them out when I'm cooking but I still want them to have a better place to land while out flying.

I've attached a photo from an Amazon product as a model of what I'd like to build. I was thinking of hanging it off Command hooks. Wondering if anyone sees any safety issues or has better ideas? Thanks!

61mAI5xPkkL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

TheBirds

Sprinting down the street
ZooMax does a 30" x 30" jute net that I recently bought (and very much like) for my Lovebirds. Bonus is that it's super-affordable compared to the larger sizes .. I got mine from healthybird.net (Canadian-based) for $18.95.

Farfah

Walking the driveway
ZooMax does a 30" x 30" jute net that I recently bought (and very much like) for my Lovebirds. Bonus is that it's super-affordable compared to the larger sizes .. I got mine from healthybird.net (Canadian-based) for $18.95.
cool! I’ll check it out :)