• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rodrigo the masked lovebird

Status
Not open for further replies.

impala400

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Yvonne
Rodrigo is a masked lovebird that my sister talked me into taking...not that it took much. My sister got Rodrigo from a breeder who couldn't sell him because of his splayed legs. My sister kept Rodrigo until I was able to head south to pick him up, Thanksgiving 2009. This Thanksgiving will mark a year since he's been with us. When I first got Rodrigo, he preferred to spend most of his time in a round tube. However, when I switched to a new tube, he began to rub raw spots on his leg. The tube was removed and Rodrigo was forced to move around more. I also switched his food to Roudybush pellets and fresh fruits and vegetables which he loves and which make his feathers look amazing. While living with me, Rodrigo has become fully flighted and is an accomplished flier. Rodrigo has adapted to his disability and has learned to perch in a way that I never would have thought possible. He uses his legs to balance since he can't get his feet to grasp properly. He loves to perch on my laptop and on the edge of my cereal bowl. Rodrigo also has learned to walk by rocking back and forth, waddling like a little penguin. He's extremely curious and has to know what I'm doing at all times. He loves bathes and teasing Doisy. His outgoing personality is a joy to me and he makes me laugh daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.