• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rock Pebbler/Regent - Male or Female?

august8pm

Meeting neighbors
I'd be looking for a cage that is 48" long and at least 24" wide. The height of the cages you've found is fine. :)
It's really odd, but so far it's been "double or nothing" – if you know what I mean. There's that double flight cage at 65", then it drops to about half that. Bar spacing is the problem in cages exceeding 36" – in my search so far, at least.

birdle

Rollerblading along the road
all my cages are bought off brand and on ebay.. never had a problem. my birds don't chew the bars and paint they have plenty of other stuff. Are those dimension of the prevue cage with or without the seed guard on it?

august8pm

Meeting neighbors
all my cages are bought off brand and on ebay.. never had a problem. my birds don't chew the bars and paint they have plenty of other stuff. Are those dimension of the prevue cage with or without the seed guard on it?
That's really good to hear. As for that model, I've checked a bunch of sources, and every one says those are the actual cage dimensions, but none give the height. And that's hard to estimate with the playtop and stand. The only other option so far is a Avian Adventures Mediana 34W X 24D X 40H, but it's got 7/8" bar spacing and not 3/4" like the other. Or this monster from HQ – which is expensive and would mean buying a separate sleeping cage, too.

Last edited:

ashgate

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
Would love to see pictures of your regent :). I have been looking for one for sometime. Who did you get yours from?

Latency

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ashley
I know this thread is old and it probably doesn't matter by now, but I had the pleasure of being company to a young female Rock Pebbler(regent) and she was an absolute LOVE! :heart:
Not too fond of scritches but she didn't complain when my boyfriend and I patted her. She finger-wrestled with us and talked up a storm!!(in birdy-talk of course.) :roflmao:
She LOVED her foot toy. If you touched it she'd bicker at you until you put it down. :xflove:
She played and wrestled with us for a good while, and by the time we put her back in her cage she was ready to take a nap. Pretty good about beak pressure too(compared to my conures, whose beaks are slightly larger and stronger.)
BEAUTIFUL colors too. Jeez, if she wasn't $500 I would have scooped her up and taken her home! :heart: :heart:

ashgate

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
I am searching for a rock pebbler.... I hope to find one soon :). I like everything I hear about them, so if anyone knows of one looking for a great home let me know :)

ashgate

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
Latency, let me know where the one you are talking about is located :)

ashgate

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
Where did you find your rock pebblers, I'm still looking for them

eddies aviary

Moving in
Through a member of my local bird club. They were advertised in the printed newsletter they mail with a phone number and I jumped on them! I also got a male Barraband from the same gentleman that was also in the ad.

I will let you know if I have any babies in the spring :)

ashgate

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
Wow lucky find... I've been looking for almost 2 years... I'm willing to drive within reason or have the bir shipped. Keep me in mind for spring :)

Steve Weir

Meeting neighbors
I hope you have found your new friend by now and all is going well. Well said StormCloud you hit the nail on the head. I will say that after many years of breeding Princess Parrots I would say regent Parrots seeing that they are the same family as Princess & Superb Parrots would make a great pet bird. I haven't bred Princess Parrots for a few years now ( since I was in a destructive one sided marriage, but that's another story ). But I had a Princess that when she was fledged couldn't fly so I gave her plenty of love and care in doors in a cage and she turned out to be the most loveable snuggly bird, plenty of laughs along the way.

eddies aviary

Moving in
** sadly the pair I got was used to an outdoor aviary and when I caged them and brought them to a quarantine area of the house, after a coupe weeks they hadn't settled down so a nice man from my bird club that has large outdoor flights took them to give them a try. I will keep you posted to how he does with them.

If anyone is looking for a pet, a friend of mine in CT has a 4 year old hen that is very tame for rehoming if anyone is interested, PM me. There is a fee, close to value.

ashgate

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
Still searching for a male rock Pebbler

optimisticStar

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I know this thread is old, but even I am looking for a male rock pebbler. I contacted almost every breeder I could find to check if they have any, but none of them does. There is an aviary nearby that has a male, but he is 3-4 years old and is not hand tamed. He has been in the aviary until now. I wanted to check how was your experience with your bird and seeing if you got a hand tamed bird. I am worried if this bird who is 3-4 years old might not get tamed.

ashgate

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
I’ve had my hand fed hand tame male for 4.5 years and he is wonderful, great clear talker, skillful flyer, a little mischievous from time to time, loves to be out of the cage all day every day. Loves foot toys, then shreddable toys from planet pleasures and others, swings etc. he is a great eater of many different veggies and fruits and sprouts al9ng with some seeds and pellets.

ashgate

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
My boy came from Parrots Nest out of Kentucky. I’ve seen them listed on bird breeders dot com from EMR EXOTICS in California... keep searching they are well worth the wait.

optimisticStar

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
My boy came from Parrots Nest out of Kentucky. I’ve seen them listed on bird breeders dot com from EMR EXOTICS in California... keep searching they are well worth the wait.
I checked with EMR exotics, but they are just left with females. The only male bird that I am getting right now is an adult bird and not hand tamed. He was always in aviary, so not sure if I will ever be able to tame it. I tried looking for plum headed parakeets too, but even they are difficult to find here in California. Same for Alexandrines. Although I don't know if alexandrine would do well in apartments as they could be noisy.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I checked with EMR exotics, but they are just left with females. The only male bird that I am getting right now is an adult bird and not hand tamed. He was always in aviary, so not sure if I will ever be able to tame it. I tried looking for plum headed parakeets too, but even they are difficult to find here in California. Same for Alexandrines. Although I don't know if alexandrine would do well in apartments as they could be noisy.
Have you seen this listing for a baby: Rock Pebbler Parakeet #177271 for sale in Tenmile, OR ?