• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Robot vacuum's anyone?

FLmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
We have been tossing around the idea of getting one but just thinking that it may not be able to handle the pepper skins and other things kai gets on the floors. Our regular dyson s have trouble with getting jammed from all the red pepper skins on the floor. So anyone here have any experience with robot vaccums and parrot messes?

TIA from kai and fam

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

kayosa

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Katy
I have Roo, Aka a Rumba vacuum. Works really well for our messes, but I’m not sure about pepper skins.
Roo gets stuck on the chairs, sometimes between the Persian rug and fire place stones. It chirps for help and turns off until you move it and turn it back on.
Roo also goes back to its charger when it’s battery is low and chirps that it’s finished. Roo works very hard and is a good little robot.

NightOwls

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hardly use my robotic vacuum cause it freaks my conure out...

I think mine would get stuck on some of the bigger discards.

I usually just sweep the big stuff up before vacuuming.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
My Lidar Deebot 901 robot vacuum does the main areas of the house mostly fine and I have a Shark Cordless and several large Upright and canister Royal vacuums for the big deep clean days which are few. The Deebot makes a map of every room in the house then automatically follows the maps it made to clean every area. It can restart cleaning where it left off if the battery goes dead and you can set a cleaning schedule and pick areas to redo if needed later. I starts by doing the corners of a room map then does straight lines to clean the rest of the room then moves to the next and starts over till it's done or dead. It automatically goes back to the charger when done or if it dies it goes home to charge and then restarts where it left off. It can get stuck on cords and tight spots but we have cleaned most of that up so most days it's charging when I get up and most of the daily mess is gone. I empty the small dust bin daily but some of the robots have much bigger bins and a similar mapping system with side brushes and a small main brush underneath. I have medium pile carpet and it does well here. My cordless gets the touch up work around Dobbys cage and favorite spots and I have no go boxes around his cage area and places it always gets stuck on. You can do everything with your phone or tablet and it has kept our floors looking like we care every morning till Dobby get released and trashes them again.

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene
I have 2 lovebirds, and had my LG robot for 7 years. Now I have the iRobot (Roomba e5). And it is great! My boys shred a lot of paper, toss their veggies, and the robot picks it all up. I would definitely recommend looking in to it!

FLmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Thanks for all the input I appreciate the recommendations. Still thinking about it. It’s an expensive investment but if it works as it’s supposed to it will be well worth it. I’m a bit OCD with my floors

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Thanks for all the input I appreciate the recommendations. Still thinking about it. It’s an expensive investment but if it works as it’s supposed to it will be well worth it. I’m a bit OCD with my floors
Watch for sales on refurbished and new models on places like Woot.com , eBay, and Amazon. My vacuum was normally around 400 bucks and I got a new one for 179 with a 1 year warranty that they actually honored and fixed a problem with free shipping in less then two weeks turn around.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
It's not a robot vacuum, but my shark works on pretty much anything I've used it on. I highly recommend it if you can't find a good robot vacuum.

WikiWaz

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
Some of these robot vacuums have cameras that can take photos of your home and sell to third parties. Just food for thought...

While not a robot vacuum, we love our Dyson cordless V10 model!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Thinking of getting this. Anyone have it?
Just thought I would like to try one of the robot vacuums out to see if it will suck up most of the bird seed and other things
because don't want to drag the Miele canister around on a daily basis. Right now on sale during prime days.
If you want to try one out sorta cheap they are OK and replacement filters and brushes etc are cheap. If you want a really nice one try one of their Lidar controlled room mapping units. I got a cheap one on eBay and it had a full one year warranty they actually honored when the belt for the main carpet brush failed 8 months in. I think I paid 169 shipped and it learned my house and goes in straight lines in each room and avoids big stuff. I have a Shark cordless for touch ups and regular Vac for deep cleaning.
It's a Ecovac Deebot 901 if you want to look it up or try to find a deal.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's not a robot vacuum, but my shark works on pretty much anything I've used it on. I highly recommend it if you can't find a good robot vacuum.
I had a Shark Navigator at one time. It started falling apart and I returned it to Costco for a refund. I really want a cordless stick vacuum but I can't find anything I like that is within my budget. I'm happy with the Miele (knock on wood) but wanted something for quick pickups besides my handheld, which is a Shark that has not fallen apart. Amazon has a lot of stick vacuums on sale but they are brands that I've never heard of, not that this means they are bad products. However, some of the Amazon and youtube reviews have very little to say that is positive about most of these.

Some of these robot vacuums have cameras that can take photos of your home and sell to third parties. Just food for thought...

While not a robot vacuum, we love our Dyson cordless V10 model!
Never heard that they take photos of your home. Will do some research on that. Dyson V10 is out of my budget. In fact most of the Dysons are.

If you want to try one out sorta cheap they are OK and replacement filters and brushes etc are cheap. If you want a really nice one try one of their Lidar controlled room mapping units. I got a cheap one on eBay and it had a full one year warranty they actually honored when the belt for the main carpet brush failed 8 months in. I think I paid 169 shipped and it learned my house and goes in straight lines in each room and avoids big stuff. I have a Shark cordless for touch ups and regular Vac for deep cleaning.
It's a Ecovac Deebot 901 if you want to look it up or try to find a deal.
I'll check out the Evovac. I wanted the Shark duo flex at one time and should have purchased that when Shark had a great sale on them. They have been discontinued.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@iamwhoiam

My first Dyson was from an estate sale. Check those out in your area.

I found an awesome black Friday deal and won't be without a Dyson again. Love cleaning the hardwood floor with that thing!

WikiWaz

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
@iamwhoiam - My bad! I'm a security nut so I wanted to share my thoughts, but you were already aware of the security risks, thus no wifi. :)

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@iamwhoiam

Dyson stick vacuum V8 is on sale at Walmart today $189.99 originally 259.99

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Clueless Only see a refurbished one for $189.99 and it's sold by Dyson via Walmart.