• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ro isn’t eating…

Phocyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
Romeo was my first cockatiel. I used to call him Tidus, but changed it when he refused to respond. Since yesterday was bad…. (With Bright passing away.) Romeo hasn’t eaten all morning. I’ve got bowls of fruit, veggies, egg, seed, and pellets available as well as the other bird he’s bonded with close by. I’m worried about this development and I have never lost a bird like this in a pair so have no idea what I can do to comfort him. :( I am out of my depth here and feel like I am drowning.

with my dog I got her new companions. But birds are a different species all together. He contact called all night and all morning and is now just sitting on his perch.

Should I step up training? What kind of actions are best?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hes gonna grieve the loss of his freind, itll take days, maybe weeks for him to return to somewhat normal, just spend more time with him, reassure him,,did he get to say goodbye?He will contact call, he will not sleep, he will eat less,,its just what they do when they lose they're freind...in time, he will realize friend is gone...its sad, we all know,, but it will be ok..
@Zara ?..

Phocyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
He started eating normally yesterday. He’s definitely more curious about what I am eating though. I’ll likely not be getting a new tiel due to the bonding he has with Jade developing.