• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

River

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She let me give her pets/scratches today!!! For like 5 minutes straight!! She was closing her eyes and making little noises and everything. Right after that she whipped off my glasses with her foot and almost broke them by chewing on them :lol: shes messing with my hair now
That's great news! My bird is obsessed with my glasses when I have them on. :p I threw all the training books aside and bought some children's plastic sunglasses. It was priceless to see his confident reaction, when he took the glasses off and I jokingly said, "what are you doing?" AND let him keep the glasses!

..so now I can never wear my real glasses when he is hitching a ride on me. It's all good :xflove:

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
That's great news! My bird is obsessed with my glasses when I have them on. :p I threw all the training books aside and bought some children's plastic sunglasses. It was priceless to see his confident reaction, when he took the glasses off and I jokingly said, "what are you doing?" AND let him keep the glasses!

..so now I can never wear my real glasses when he is hitching a ride on me. It's all good :xflove:
Worth it!! :roflmao:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
:strshow:
Go River!!!!!!!!

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Can we have a River update @Miss Annamarie?
It’s been a while and I can’t help but wonder how she is doing :)
Shes been doing super good! She goes crazy over hazelnuts, she'll choose those over anything. Shes gotten a lot less picky. Shes such a good girl, she loves dancing. She doee this thing with surprisingly only me and not my dad, but she'll lean in towards me and pin her eyes and make little noises, then lean back and lean in again and do the same thing. Me and her did that for a good like 5 minutes straight yesterday. Sometimes when we go in her room, she'll be on the floor, she sees us and goes "HUH?!?!?!" and runs back up her cage like shes not supposed to be on the floor! She gets so excited when we wake her up in the morning.
Last month we discovered she's TERRIFIED of balloons.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Not too much to say! But we've decided (for now, it might change), that when I eventually move, River will stay with my dad. She just loves him way too much. She won't even hang out with me if she knows he's home anymore! She'll just crawl right off and walk around looking for him because she heard his voice or something. But when he isn't home or asleep, me and her really get along and we hang out for a couple of hours straight. She really is a totally different bird from when we first got her. The big, bitey, scared bird has blossomed into a loving, cuddly, hazelnut-loving macaw!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Not too much to say! But we've decided (for now, it might change), that when I eventually move, River will stay with my dad. She just loves him way too much. She won't even hang out with me if she knows he's home anymore! She'll just crawl right off and walk around looking for him because she heard his voice or something. But when he isn't home or asleep, me and her really get along and we hang out for a couple of hours straight. She really is a totally different bird from when we first got her. The big, bitey, scared bird has blossomed into a loving, cuddly, hazelnut-loving macaw!
This scenario is much more common than you think. Tika and I are buddies as long as my wife isn’t around. The second he know she’s around I get demoted to third wheel. That’s fine. We have always had to work around that since the day he arrived. Except when he arrived he was a battle hardened soldier and I was the new recruit. I’ve learned from the best. Lol

You take what River gives and enjoy it.