• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Riti's doing great

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
After the scare we had I am glad to tell you she seems to be doing great. She was running around "Meeping" and doing her "Kakariki Giggle" today and eating everything in sight. She ended up in Cheddar's cage snacking away while he was with me getting scritches. She was eating right up until "Lights Out" and into the dark as well.

And that brings me to a bit of bad news...I'm going to have to catch her and dump her in a container and weigh her. I hate that she is so afraid of hands that I'll have to do it like this but weighing her can help me to catch on if she is getting sick again. Now Cheddar loves the scale, it has a "T" stand I made and he like to play on it. Just so you know I don't worry how much she weighs I am looking for trends either gaining or losing. If either one are happening it needs to be check by the vet.

Mark

Conure101

I am glad to tell you she seems to be doing great
So great to hear Riti is doing better! I have been watching your threads :)
And that brings me to a bit of bad news...I'm going to have to catch her and dump her in a container and weigh her. I hate that she is so afraid of hands that I'll have to do it like this
I know the feeling. I hate it when I have to grab or towel them, but it for their own good.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
If I need to do anything with Valentine I have a small piece of fruit in my hand for her, works everytime. Nuts are good too.