• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

RIP Joaquin and Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

artgeek09

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
So sorry for your loss. I do love that you and your Ekkie boy were able to help so many people! It's my dream to be a therapist, and to have a therapy bird working with me would be absolute heaven. I'm so glad you were able to have so many wonderful years with these beauties. Fly free sweeties.

noblemacaw

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rebecca
Thank you all for your condolences. These birds were truly very very special. I loved them so very much. To be honest I almost gave up on having parrots as companions because of the hurt experienced when loosing them before their time but the house is too quiet and my Mihijo seems so much more subdued since Diego died this past summer.

I have had dreams where I cross the Rainbow Bridge and they fly to me to visit. I always enjoy these times to say hello again to them. They seem to worry about my Mihijo and his behavior change is one of the main reasons I am getting another baby parrot. I believe that every parrot household should at least have two parrots and that is what I am going to do to help honor my two beloved birds that left me way too soon. I say that God must of needed them more that I do because they left this world way to young.

This picture of Joaquin was taken with a very old digital camera. I always find this picture spiritual because it looks like to me that God is calling him home.

flying.JPG

Thank you all for your kind words!!

Noblemacaw

PS I also try to honor them by passing the knowledge I have with their species to others that want to learn about them.

Last edited:

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
So sorry for your losses. :sadhug: They're both beautiful and it sounded like they were wonderful birds.

Dana Lee

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dana
:hug8:​beautiful birds!

Status
Not open for further replies.