• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rio

AmberC

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amber
Rio is the 6th parrot I've owned. He is a hand-reared pineapple green-cheeked conure with one of his wings clipped. He is about a month old and I brought him from a breeder. I love him so much its unbelievable. he LOVES scritches, He also loves to cuddle up to me and fall asleep in my hair. His favourite food is apple and his favourite type of toys are bead toys. His favourite song: Take you to rio by Ester Dean

also read this: Laura's PBFD and my other parrots

Here is the best pic I have of him:
IMG_2959.jpg

Last edited:

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Congrats. He's very cute. :D

Unless you can get him imped, I would recommend getting his other wing clipped so he'll at least be balanced until they grow back in. Just one wing clipped can be more dangerous than both.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a cutie!

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
He's adorable!

But did you mean you got him from a breeder at the pet store because that's what you said in your last post.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@AmberC the advice to make the other wing match is good sound advice. They are safest fully flighted (as you know and like) but they are the most vulnerable for bad accidents with an uneven clip.
They used to only do one wing many many years ago with the belief that the bird can then only fly in circles and can’t get height. In actual fact they don’t do that they just fly much more out of control.
The best thing you can do is give that baby even wings;)

AmberC

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amber
@AmberC the advice to make the other wing match is good sound advice. They are safest fully flighted (as you know and like) but they are the most vulnerable for bad accidents with an uneven clip.
They used to only do one wing many many years ago with the belief that the bird can then only fly in circles and can’t get height. In actual fact they don’t do that they just fly much more out of control.
The best thing you can do is give that baby even wings;)
Ok I will take him to the vet to get his other wing clipped then...