• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Ringneck Dove - Strange Vocalizations

Eelhsa

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashlee
I am posting this in the hope of gaining some insight into these vocalizations my female Ringneck dove, Sable, has been making.

Sable is almost 1 year old (my husband and I have had her since she was approximately 4 months old). She has been making these sounds more frequently lately, however, I was initially not really concerned as the Ringneck doves I have had in the past would also make this noise from time to time, but seemed fine otherwise.

Sable also seems healthy in every other way. She is eating and drinking normally, is alert and seems to have good energy levels. The only issue (if it is an issue at all) is this seemingly unusual sound she has been making.

I hope that someone will be able to give some clarification and/or suggestions.

Thank you in advance. :)

budgies123

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
have you posted in the softbill section? maybe theyll know better ^^

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My Chloe does that too,,,she's a Ringneck dove, 14 years old...just a " Dove thing " I guess...

Eelhsa

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashlee
My Chloe does that too,,,she's a Ringneck dove, 14 years old...just a " Dove thing " I guess...
It does seem to be a "dove thing". I guess the reason I've been a bit concerned is because she seems to make that noise a bit more than my other doves did.

Thank you for your reply. :)

Eelhsa

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashlee
have you posted in the softbill section? maybe theyll know better ^^
Thanks for the suggestion. :) I'm pretty certain nothing is wrong with her, and I mostly wanted to know if anyone else with Ringneck doves has heard their birds make this sound.

Nan639

Checking out the neighborhood
My dove makes a noise like that when she's laying an egg. Sometimes when she's grooming too, she'll make a squeak. It's so cute!

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Thats normal :) my doves used to do that too! Here in NL there’s a species called “lachduif” because they make a simi,ar kind of noise that very much sounds like laughing :)