• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rhyly is being aggressive - help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
Hi All, since Bailey left on Saturday, I have tried to keep some semblance of routine for Kai and Rhyly. I have been letting them out each day, though for not as long cos I have to keep looking for Bailey. Up till now Kai and Bailey were bonded and Rhyly didnt get a look in and was not accepted by the other two. Now Bailey is gone, Kai still does not want to be "friends" with Rhyly but Rhyly is certainly going out of his way to make it happen. Yesterday and today, Rhyly is actively trying to attack my face if I so much as go near the cages or if I am nearby and talk to Kai. He has done this probably 10 times in two days. He is vicious and determined. My concern is my young son. If he happens to walk past the cage I fear Rhyly may go him. Then again, it may only be for me as Rhyly sees me as a threat to his hopeful "relationship" with Kai. Rhyly would sit on my shoulder, talk to me, whistle, sing BUT you could not touch him, he would bite and draw blood, so never tried to touch him, it was all on his terms. The last 2 days he wont even come over to me - its all Kai Kai Kai. I am thinking of moving their cages away from each other (Rhyly has even started perching in the cage in the spot that is closest to Kai) Is there anything else I could or should do? I

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
First Lynne, remember that you and your flock are in a bit of turmoil. One of their members is missing. You are upset and stressed and the birds can sense it. I would not move Rhyly away from Kai. Right now Kai is his security during this turmoil. Till you hopefully find Bailey and things calm down I would not push any of them and let them get settled. Keep you son away from Rhyly to be safe. With times things will settle. It has only been a very short time since this has occurred. I am still saying prayers that Bailey is soon home safe. :hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I agree with Greycloud. I also suspect Rhyly may be experiencing a hormonal surge as he tries to get Kai into a relationship.

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Oh dear..I hope Bailey comes home soon. I am so sorry.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
So so sorry, just hope he comes home really soon and until just hang on in there and let them know that they are safe.

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Agree w/Judy, too. You & your fids are all upset because flock dynamics have changed, & I wouldn't make any more changes until everything settles down.
Have there been any sightings of Bailey? Any calls?

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
Agree w/Judy, too. You & your fids are all upset because flock dynamics have changed, & I wouldn't make any more changes until everything settles down.
Have there been any sightings of Bailey? Any calls?
No sightings, no phone calls - nothing! I just dont know what to say or do anymore. My brain is so jumbled.

Status
Not open for further replies.